Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Opinions appreciated and a winner

 
I haven't had much time for stitching lately, but when I have a moment or two this is what I am working on...
"Liberty Inn" by Plum Street Samplers for The Inspired Needle's Summer Seminar

 
On Paulette's original design, she backstitched around the quilt stars on the house.
Right now I am agonizing...
Should I back stitch the stars on the house so that they really stand out?
Or should I leave them as is for a more subtle approach? 

 
I've been agonizing about this a lot and can't seem to make up my mind :)
What do you think?
(I am realizing now that the sun was too bright in this photo and the colors look very washed out on the screen, but you get the idea.)
 
Thank you to the 43 entries in my giveaway!
It was fun to hear what you like to hunt for when antiquing.
Random.org selected #40 as the winner - Lorinda from Massachusetts!
Congratulations Lorinda! I will get your package on its way shortly.
 
I've been traveling a bit more and celebrating some special occasions that I hope to share soon.
Just need to find a bit of time...
 
"Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it."
~1 Corinthians 12:27
 
Blessings, Patti 

16 comments:

Jeannine520 said...

Backstitch!! I think it's important in this case.

Simple Pleasure said...

Your stitching is delicious...yes, do the backstitching!
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Ronda said...

Oh yes,,do the backstitching! .. lovely work!

blessings,
~ronda
simple thyme prims

linda said...

I say do not backstitch. However, I would do one and see if you like it better. If not you can pull just that one out.

marly said...

I would do one, tape the piece to your wall where it will hang, stand back and see what you would prefer. Or try it with the same floss color, or a shade lighter than the chart. Good luck! I would change my mind a zillion times.

Anonymous said...

I would finish all the other stitching on the piece before deciding. Mouse

Kathy L. said...

I like it without back stitching.

Kathy

scarlett said...

I like it the way it is. I find the stars distracting when they are so pronounced.

cucki said...

beautiful stitching...
yup do the back stitching :)
hugs x

karin said...

love the colors!!!
The bright red on the flowers is a real standout!!!
Karin :)
in NY

Christina G said...

Hi, lovely work. I would back stitch the stars but also the house, otherwise, the stars overpower the house and it seems a bit odd.

Christina G said...

HI, I would back stitch the stars but also the house.

Jeanne (RED) said...

I am with Mouse, I would wait until the piece is finished. 8-)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I'm almost thinking that the back-stitching is a no...but I'm sure you couldn't go wrong any way you choose :) Its GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

Hey Patti! I will send you a pic of my completed (shortened version) Liberty Inn. When you back stitch the stars do pop! But once I started back stitching I was hooked!

Lisa

Paisley said...

I am voting to backstitch the stars! I really like the way it makes them pop!