Friday, November 15, 2013

The Star Party begins...

 
And so we arrived at my absolute favorite store, The Country Sampler in Spring Green Wisconsin!
As we walked up, others were taking their pictures in front of the mecca and so Bittersweet Sister, Kim and I joined in.
 
 
The Star Party was a big group and we were split into two classes - our first day was spent at the pretty White Schoolhouse.

 
I loved the old details and high ceilings and the huge windows let in plenty of natural light.

 
And we had pretty views as well.
 
Our first class was with Lori Markovic of La D Da.
If you ever have an opportunity to take a class with Lori, be sure to do it!
She is so kind and always wants to help to be sure that you go home with a finished project.
She brought with a trunk show of her designs.



Each piece lovelier than the next...



 
Inspiring to look at while we stitched away.

 
Lori is a kind soul and such fun.
I hope that Lori didn't mind that the rebels from Chicago had to change things up...

 
Kim and I aren't so good at following directions and had to make ours unique ;)
 
One class done and one project finished!
 
"Trouble and distress have come upon me,
but your commands give me delight."
~Psalm 119:143
 
Blessings, Patti 

8 comments:

cucki said...

Wow such beautiful stitches...
So uh fun..
Enjoy my dear x

Raymond Homestead said...

Bet you're having lots of fun!

Laura S Reading said...

Oh you folks south of the cheddar curtain are wild ones!

With such beautiful results I don't see how you could have acted out too badly.

What a great place for a gathering.

linda said...

Glad you had such a fun time! I love your robins and vine on your name badge!
I have Lori's Peace to all who enter on my wish list.

marly said...

Short pants and sandals! I miss them already. Wonderful trunk show and your name badge is just so special.

Carrie P. said...

beautiful pictures. love your little bags.

Faye said...

Love those darling bags.... You look so happy there with your BFF and with Lori.... Can't wait for more updates....

Linda said...

Your nametags turned out perfectly! Love the schoolhouse. Anxiously awaiting next installment!