Sunday, November 10, 2013

Are you a Mary's Sampler SAL fan?


It seems that Christmas is starting too early for me this year - the commercials on tv, the Christmas decorations and music in the store. I am a little bit old fashioned and prefer to celebrate Thanksgiving in all of its autumn splendor and start my Christmas decorations and celebrations the day after Thanksgiving.

That being said, I am doing a little early celebrating this year with Plum Street Samplers.
Paulette Stewart has been so kind and generous to create this wonderful stitch along and to publish it for us for free!


When I first heard about it, I thought that I wouldn't be able to keep up with a weekly stitch along and that I would pass. When I saw the first week - a sweet tiny little Joseph and Mary, I knew I had to join in. Luckily I was at the Bittersweet Sisters retreat so I just ran down to the Stitchery Nook and picked out my fabric and threads. I was able to stitch week one and two while in Iowa and week three in Spring Green, WI. I like to read the week's bible verse and stitch that week's installment either right before or after church. But some weeks it takes me until the next Saturday night. I love the anticipation and guessing what the next installment might be. I am glad for this time for quiet reflection on the true meaning of Christmas before the rush begins...
It's not too late to join in the fun. You can find all of the installments on the Plum Street Samplers blog.
Thank you Paulette for this wonderful Stitch A Long. It has truly been a wonderful gift!      


And I couldn't resist sharing this sweet face of dear Orion sound asleep on my oldest son's leg. My son came home from college for the weekend with an awful cold and I think Orion was trying to help him feel better :)

"God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’"
~ Job 37:5-6

Blessings, Patti

11 comments:

linda said...

I too am doing the Mary' Sampler stitch along. I enjoy how each week's stitching relates to the scripture for the week. I enjoy it so much that during week 5 I went back and started Mary's Sampler ll and got that one up to date. I now have 2 samplers that will be done. One for giving and one to decorate. Paulette is indeed very talented and very generous of heart.

annie said...

that is a beautiful piece!
I hope your son feels better.
Nothing like the consolation of a pet to make you feel better.

cucki said...

I hope your son feel better soon..
Sweet sal..I love it❤️
Fur babies are extra sweet
Love and hugs x

karin said...

how sweet!!!
Aren't dogs wonderful!!!!
Karin :)
in NY

Marilyn said...

Your SAL looks good, so cute.
Orion is too cute also.
Hope your son feels better soon.
Marilyn

denise said...

Don't you just love the Mary's SAL? I have to do yesterday's and I'll be caught up.

moosecraft said...

Will an Orion make it's way into the sampler too? :-)

Carrie P. said...

your cross stitch is so sweet. thanks for sharing the link and the scripture.

Karen said...

Love the cross stitch - but really love the sweet picture of Orion - they always seem to know when we need extra loving - so so sweet.
Hugs - Karen

Roberta said...

Always hard when the kiddos are feeling bad and far away. Glad he was able to come home. What a sweet dog to snuggle with him--sure that helped speed recovery. Lovely sampler! Thanks for sharing about this stitch along! ~Roberta

Karen said...

Oh my gosh what a pattern to do! Thank you so much for sharing this. I had not seen this pattern and will have to do it. And your puppy is so cute and he looks very comfortable so he must have helped your son and now is tired!