Sunday, July 19, 2009

50 Years of Wedded Bliss

This weekend my parents celebrated 50 years of marriage! It was so good to have them come up for a visit and a celebration.

For one of their gifts, I took 50 small river rocks and wrote a word on each rock that meant something to our family - vacations, pets we had over the years, places we lived - each one guaranteed to bring back lots of memories...

My sister and niece created a 50 page scrapbook filled with photos and memories! What an incredible labor of love!

I feel so blessed to have parents that have been together for so long. What an inspiration! They are continuing a tradition - my paternal grandparents were married over 50 years and my maternal grandparents were married for 62! I'm working at continuing the tradition - my husband and I celebrate 24 years later this year...

Congratulations Mom & Dad! And wishing you many more anniversary milestones to come!
"Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of."
-Benjamin Franklin
Blessings, Patti

2 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats to your parents! What a beautiful blessing - 50 years is so special. I love your gift of the rocks; very creative. Your sister's scrapbooking is wonderful too. Wish I could see more.

Cookie said...

What a wonderful blessing and testimony, Patti! Many Congratulations to all ♥