Friday, April 10, 2009

What's so good about Good Friday?


That was the children's message this morning... Why do people call it Good Friday, when it is such a sad day? The answer... it shows the depth of God and Jesus' love for us. We can't have Easter without Good Friday. The tomb is sealed.
It seems like it always rains on Good Friday, as if even the heavens weep...

I said I would share some of my Easter decorations this week. It's been a busy week, so the photos were snapped quickly and aren't the best... The eggs above were made by Stacy Nash and the Robin pillow design is by Primitive Stitchin by Shelly Auen.
I've discovered that I have a "thing" for upright Easter rabbits with baskets on their backs :)
I love this piece designed by Ewe & Eye & Friends. I had a pet black rabbit growing up that I adored. We had four rabbits over the years, but he was my favorite. The little carrot is by Maggie Bonanomi.

Well, I think that I have let the eggs boil long enough... How long are you supposed to boil them anyway? There have been a few years when I have forgotten about them and all the water has boiled away - oops!

I'm off to go start the Easter baking. I wish each of you a lovely, joyous Spring weekend! I'll try to take a few more pictures before Easter...
Blessings, Patti

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Patti~ I hope you and your family have a blessed Easter.
Your bunny decorations are adorable!