Monday, November 19, 2018

A Crafty Weekend


Just a week after the Bittersweet Stitching Sisters trip, 
I was off for a weekend at my niece's new house.
A crafting weekend with my mom, sister and niece.


It was fun spending time with their two cats as well.
They are so much fun to watch and so different than my pups!


Wesson is sweet, social and so funny!
This could hardly be comfortable?!


Wesson was happy to help Mom with her wool applique :)


When I got up to take a few pictures, he decided my chair was the most comfy spot ;)


Nash aka Nashville came out to see what was going on once we had been there a bit.


They both get along so well despite being rescued several years apart.


We were so lucky! My niece, Angela, made each of us the sweet pumpkin sign on top! Isn't it darling?! And my sister knitted and felted us each an awesome pumpkin!
Angela's sign even has a little secret....


Flip it over and you have a Christmas tree for display!
I love it!


And I now have quite a collection of knitted pumpkins from my sister.
I'm a lucky gal!!!


While there, I stitched on "Grateful, Thankful, Blessed" 
by With Thy Needle and Thread.


Angela created an amazing advent calendar from a print she bought on a  trip to Nashville.


My sister knit a baby sweater for a shower later in the month.


And Mom finished this lovely piece from Buttermilk Basin.

Unfortunately, we had to leave first thing in the morning...


So that my husband and I could head over to Brushwood Center at Ryerson Woods.
My husband's sister is exhibiting her art at the 
If you live near Riverwoods, Illinois, it is definitely worth the drive!
Not only is the Art Exhibit amazing, the historic Ryerson home is lovely.


And the pristine woodlands are beautiful.


If it hadn't been such a rainy day, we definitely would have gone for a hike.

Thank you so much for participating in my little giveaway! I am so happy to hear that so many of you are traditionalists like me, enjoying Thanksgiving in all its glory, before decorating for Christmas. I know that some decorate early as they need lots of time to get it all set up! I would love to see all of your decorations! There were 51 entries in my little giveaway. Using random.org, the winner is #31 Barb. Barb, I have sent you an email. Send me your mailing address and it will be on its way...
I'll be having some more giveaways soon!

All this is for your sake so that, as his grace spreads, 
more and more people will give thanks and glorify God.
~2 Corinthians 4:15

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks like a fun weekend!
Love those knitted Pumpkins.
Marilyn

denise said...

the knitted pumpkins are too cute.congrats to Barb!

Nancy said...

What a wonderful weekend, and you all got so much done together. Those cats are very entertaining! Happy Thanksgiving.

linda said...

Your family is so creative and inspiring! Love all your creations. Thank you for sharing

Cheryl R said...

Thank you for sharing your creative family projects.
Living the ginger cats..I have one that's a rescue and he's the sweetest guy.
He hung out in the garage in the garage with my husband.