Saturday, July 23, 2022

Joy

 


Life has been hectic at work and at home and unfortunately my blog has fallen to the side.

I did want to take a moment to share for those that have read my blog over the years.

My dear sister in law, Joy, who has battled stage four cancer for the last five years has gone home to be with the Lord. She fought long and hard and stayed with us as long as she could. I know from my faith that this is not good bye, but “until we meet again” and that we will see each other again one day. 
Until then, I will miss her terribly.


Joy was the second of seven children and the oldest daughter.
She was a born caregiver and nurturer her entire life and even until her final days. She helped with her younger siblings and continued on with a career in early childhood education. Her specialty was children with special needs. She knew how to get down to a child’s level, engage them and listen to them. Joy interacted with adults in the same wonderful way. She was a wonderful example and role model as to how to parent and I hoped I could do the same when I became a parent. 


Joy was also a gifted artist - painting, quilting, sewing, cross-stitch, doll making, crafting - she excelled in it all. We had so much fun years ago doing craft shows together and more recently Joy would open her home to craft events. These were more than just craft shows, but time to visit, connect and indulge in snacks and baked goods with those that attended.

You can see some of her home shows here and here.


Joy was also a great letter writer. She preferred letters to text messages or talking on the phone and had many pen pals. She spent her extensive hours in chemotherapy writing to others including those battling cancer like my mom and Nicki, our Bittersweet Stitching Sister that passed away in July 2020. 

Joy and Nicki were never able to meet each other in person, but it gives me comfort knowing that they are together now.


Joy left behind her devoted husband, two children and two grandchildren that she adored and adored her along with her mother and six siblings and her large extended family. 

She will be greatly missed until we meet again.

All photos are from Joy’s garden - a truly beautiful and peaceful oasis.

“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
My God is my rock, I. Whom I take refuge,
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”
~Psalm 18:2

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

I am so sorry to read of the passing of your beloved Joy. What a wonderful tribute to her - and her garden looks like it was a beautiful reflection of her. Prayers for healing and comfort for all those who are mourning her loss. Hugs ~Robin~

marly said...

A lovely tribute. My sympathy to you and all of her family.

Marilyn said...

So sorry to hear about your sister, Joy.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Patti
So sorry to hear of the loss of Joy! It is so hard to lose those we hold dear!!! I know you were a great sister in law to her and we’re lucky to share so much in common. Hugs and prayers my friend! ❤️🙏❤️

Anonymous said...

Oh Patti, I'm so sorry to hear you lost Joy. My prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Je vous apporte toutes mes condoléances . Please accept all my sympathies.
Catherine

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'm so sorry to read this about your sister. There isn't a person alive who doesn't have someone touched by this dreaded plague. My heart goes out to you. This is a beautiful post.