Thursday, February 14, 2019

My Heart is Home


Happy Valentines Day!
I started this project two years ago and thought it was perfect for my February Stitch from My Stash challenge.


On Instagram, I posted my progress


with my new project bag...
more on that in my next post.
It was a quick stitch and now it is fully finished:


The chenille trim is "Watermelon Juice" from Dames of the Needle and it matches the floss used ~ "Jakey Brown" by Classic Colorworks perfectly!


I love the backing fabric that I found in my stash as well.

Last night I went to dinner with Mom and my sister to celebrate Valentines Day.


Mom surprised us each with this sweet ornament that she made from 
Rebekah L. Smith's "Stitching Smalls Cozy Hearts"


The back is as sweet as the front.
My sister also gave me a gift, but I will save that for its own post.

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
~1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Wishing you each a Happy Valentines Day!

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

GeneGribouille03 said...

Happy Valentine day, oh quelle merveilles ces deux jolis cœurs bravo aussi à ta maman très sympathique les rencontres d'avant le 14 février entre filles et mère belle soirée amitiés Geneviève de France

Donna G. said...

Such pretty hearts! Happy Valentines Day!

marly said...

The linen color and that script backing fabric is gorgeous! The chenille is perfect, everything goes together so nicely. Love that script! Nice hearts from mom.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I love your BBD heart and that trim and backing fabric are so pretty! I love the heart your mom gifted you. A sweet, little treasure, for sure!

TheCrankyCrow said...

You and your multitude of finishes puts me to all kinds of shame.... I love that heat finish though....and oh....that AMAZING backing fabric! Sweet treasures from your mum...her stitches are so perfect...I know where you get your talent from! Happy Valentine’s Day! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Marilyn said...

This turned out so pretty!
Even the backing is perfect!
Those hearts are so gorgeous, your Mom's stitches are perfect!
Marilyn

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful stitch. Both yours and your Mom's.