Tuesday, August 21, 2018

A Farmyard Parade Finish!


"Farmyard Parade"


Sometimes you see a pattern and you just need to stitch it immediately!
That's what happened when I saw this sweet pattern.
I dropped all that I was creating and focused on these.


I've admired Brenda Gervais' "Patriotic Poppies", "Sweet Violet" and "Boo & Baa-ble" patterns, where she adds wool to her cross stitch and so I thought I would try her technique on this pattern.


I'm so happy with how it turned out!
I also love working with ric rac and decided to try the technique that Brenda included in this pattern. I love the ruffled edge that it creates.
I already had some linen ricrac to use. I didn't think much about it, until I got to the second pillow. Then I realized that I just barely had enough, not even a half inch to spare. Phew!!


I had to share the backing fabric as well.


I thought that it was just perfect for these pillows!
I enjoyed them for about a week and then packed them away with my patriotic decorations for next year.


Here you can see the original design with the stitched poppies.

I hope that Brenda Gervais creates more patterns with Ole and Ora!
They are such a joy to stitch :)

Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, who has made us competent to be as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
~2 Corinthians 3:4-11

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

Annie with the ducks said...

I like your finish with the wool flowers! I have this design kitted up and you have inspired me to start it.

Lisa said...

I fell in love with this design also! But your 'tweeks' always take it up to the next level, wonderful as always. Thinking of you and hope to see you in 2019.

Terri Patillo said...

Love these sweet little folk and love your finishing!

Annmarie said...

Absolutely lovely stitching and finishing-thanks for sharing.

GeneGribouille03 said...

Superbes modèles très belles parades les modèles de Brenda sont si beaux belles fins de semaines

moosecraft said...

These are both so sweet! Congrats on two beautiful finishes!

Marilyn said...

These turned out so cute.
Congrats on another sweet finish.
Marilyn