Friday, May 18, 2018

From Our Hands ~ Creative ~ 2018 ~ The Antiques


At the recommendation of several friends, Mom and I visited the Heart of Ohio Antique Center this year. It was hard to get a picture of this mammoth building!
It is 122,000 square feet!
With 1,425 booths and showcases!
I have been to some big antique malls around the country, but I have never seen anything like this!

There were some amazing antiques to see.


This huge tramp art book case had to be six feet tall.


A lovely hooked rug with three dimensional flowers.


I loved the graphics and colors.


This lovely unfinished sampler in the standing hoop was stunning, but way more than my budget.


Someone had a wonderful collection of Victorian blown glass Easter eggs.


It covered two shelves of one case.


Mom found some neat treasures to take home, including an egg from the collection.


And so did I.

I also found this beautiful box.


I loved the painting on it.
Then I opened it up.


It was a sewing box with two original navy velvet pincushions,
a compartment with it's original lid, and a removable spinning thread holder.


The thread holder raises for easy use and then lowers for storage.

I was curious about the painting of the nation's capital in the velvet mat in the lid,
so I gently removed it.


It is a collectible Clark's thread card!
Perfect!

We also had a wonderful afternoon visiting Waynesville and Lebanon, Ohio with our friend Nancy Knight. With homes filling up, sometimes it's hard to decide which items to bring home.

I can't end this travelogue without sharing our stop on our way home.
It was a great way to end our trip!
Then I will have my little giveaway....

It is good to praise the Lord
    and make music to your name, O Most High,


proclaiming your love in the morning
    and your faithfulness at night
Psalms 92:1-2

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Your sewing box is wonderful. What a great find. What town is the antique center located?

Charlotte

Lady Locust said...

You find the neatest boxes! Also, sounds silly but I like Mom's tomatoes. Isn't it funny how they are different colors?

Marilyn said...

What a great shop, and huge!
A great mixture of treasures.
The box is amazing.
Marilyn

Jonette said...

Love your sewing box! Thanks for sharing your trips.

Anonymous said...

I'm so enjoying the travels with you...thank you so much for sharing! Absolutely adore the sewing box you've claimed!
Maureen