Friday, April 20, 2018

A few finishes of my own


It's finished!
"Wool & Flax"
for Dyeing to Stitch's "Quaint Country Ladies" Club

along with a sweet sheep threadkeep by Lori Brechlin for Notforgotten Farm


Last year I picked up some antique tatting in Iowa and thought it would look so nice with this piece.
Wendy of Pineberry Lane had a wonderful finish designed for this piece - a  lovely pouch with the perfectly coordinated polka dot fabric, but I had a different idea...
So I made it into a pillow to display with...


Some little Putz sheep and one lead sheep.
I can't wait for Wendy's next Quaint Country Ladies Club kit!


I also finished "Wooly Flower Bag"


I love the color of the hand-dyed linen bag.
It was a quick stitch and now I am so excited to use it.
I'll be doing that soon as Mom and I will be leaving on a trip in a matter of days!

I'm hoping to have a few more posts before we head out...

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
~Romans 10:9-10

Blessings, Patti

4 comments:

Lady Locust said...

They are both beautiful! I also love your old sheep- they just "fit."

Eszter/SubRosa said...

Beautiful finishes♥ Love your sheep collection, too.
Happy weekend!

Marilyn said...

The PL piece is pretty with the tatting across the bottom.
The bag is awesome also.
Marilyn

marly said...

What a perfect application for the tatting. Soft colors and a beautiful finish! The colors of the bag are perfect for spring. If it ever comes!