Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A little stitching progress

 
 "Queen Bee Needle Poke"
from Little Stitches Handwork Club by Notforgotten Farm.
(with a few minor tweaks)
 
 
I am so thrilled with how this came out along with the little hand-dyed pins too.
I added a little antique bone ring on top in case I decide to hang it.
 
This was definitely worth the effort of stitching on smaller count linen
on the train, bus and water taxi ;)
 
I also tweaked the back a bit...
 
 
I decided to add layers of cardboard and batting inside rather than stuff,
and then I did a bit of wool applique to match the front.
 
 
I think the back turned out pretty well, too.
 
Next up:
 
 
Another Lori Brechlin design, "Usefulness"
(and another Notforgotten Farm thread keeper, of course lol!)
Please forgive the wrinkles, I just pulled it out of my purse...


 Speaking of my purse, this project won't fit in it much longer...
Yellow Creek Quilt Designs, "Stars in the Garden".
I've been making paths and stitching my completed flowers and stars together.
It will be slower going when I no longer bring it with on my commute. It's getting exciting watching the parts come together...
 
 Thank you ever so much for all your prayers and well wishes for Mom and our family!
It's frustrating to wait another 10 days for surgery,
but as my friend Jo Ann put it - 10 more days to pray!

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
~2 Peter 3:8-9
 
Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

wonderful finishes as usual my friend ~ love to see your take on things.
glad the smaller count didn't 'derail' you from stitching on the train!
blessed be!
Lori

Marilyn said...

That turned out sooooo cute!
And another cute start too.
garden Stars is going to be a masterpiece. :)
Marilyn

krayolakris said...

Hi I'm a new follower. Congrats on your fabulous finishes. I just wanted to let you know more prayers have gone up for your mother. God bless your family. So much talent! And love!

Karen said...

Love your finishes. The beehive is so sweet.

Rugs and Pugs said...

You always have the best finishes!
Happy 4th to you and your family.
Still praying for mom.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Three Sheep Studio said...

Beautiful stitching !
Your hexies are so pretty.
Rose

annie said...

Very nice projects, hope all goes well with your Mom.

village folk art said...

Your projects are all so wonderful. I love bumble bees so now you know my favorite NOT that the others are any less beautiful...I just love fuzzy bumble bees.
Prayer will be said for your Mom..."Trust in Jesus".
Following you and your talents are inspiring for me.

Enjoy the day with much Peace, Barb