Friday, May 13, 2016

From Our Hands ~ Creative ~ The Needle In

 
The Needle In is such a fun day - a chance to stitch all day with the teachers and our classmates.
A great time to continue working on class projects and ask any last minute questions.
I missed the morning, but was back in Peninsula for lunch and the afternoon.
It was a bit of a whirlwind, and I didn't get to visit with everyone that I would have liked to.
But it was all fun, nonetheless!

 
Rebekah and Lori Ann are such amazing women brimming with talent and gracious hosts!

 
I borrowed this photo from the retreat - there's me intently working on my little mohair robin and Lori Ann being extremely patient with me ;)

 
After the Needle In my little bird was just about done - Oops! He still needs his tail feathers... 

One of the best parts of an event like this is seeing everyone's sewing supplies/treasures and some of their finishes. 

 
Kim has a fabulous "Bionic Bag"

 
Look at all these pockets and zippered pouches!
And she made it herself!!!

 
Kim also has this fabulous tote bag for her featherweight sewing machine.
When the machine isn't in it, it is big enough to hold everything you could possibly need!
And it has a board in the bottom for great support. We all want one ;)

 
Look at Kitty's awesome Eskimo pincushion from Alaska

 
Aren't they so sweet ?!

 
Carol had a wonderful bag that she made from upholstery fabric!

 
and look at the beautiful back!

 
I didn't get everyone's names but look at this sweet pincushion and project bag.

 
An entire basket of Stacy Nash goodness!
Be still my heart!

 
Ever so sweet! I recognize so many patterns that I have stitched and have yet to stitch ;)

 
This treasure was miniscule!
 
 
You can see the perspective from my finger and the tiny little thimble holder.

 
and this is the inside of Rebekah's own sewing book

 
I was so pleased to see the antique paisley heart that I made being put to use and the two wool hearts that I had wrapped it with :)
 
And our trip still wasn't over  ~ wait until you see the Mercantile next!!!
 
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
~Proverbs 31:30
 
Blessings, Patti

3 comments:

Kathy L. said...

Such beautiful inspiration.

WoolenSails said...

So many beautiful pieces, and nice that you had a day to just relax and talk with each other while finishing things.

Debbie

Marilyn said...

What great projects everyone has.
The little Birdy is so cute.
Marilyn