Monday, January 26, 2015

Snowmen Part 2


In a post earlier this month I shared some snowmen decorations and snowmen that I made.


I remembered that I had a kit for Buttermilk Basin's January Basin Banner, so I pulled it out right away.


It went quickly and was lots of fun to stitch.


I decided to use buttons for all of the eyes and smiles.
I used rust velvet for the binding.

Has anyone else been having problems with blogger lately?
I've been having trouble loading pictures oriented in the right direction.
And my Reading List keeps disappearing.
Hopefully things will go back to normal soon.
If anyone has any tips, please share.


Now I'm officially moving on to Valentine stitching :)

I have to share an excerpt from the Affirmation of Faith that we spoke in church yesterday. It truly moved me:

"I believe it is a matter of faith to stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves.

I believe it is a matter of faith to recognize equally and love all members of God's human family. There are no exceptions to God's love.

I believe God's creation is good, beautiful and sacred; therefore to condemn any portion os God's creation is to condemn a portion of God. This is sin."
(from Shaping Sanctuary, page 91, adapted from Ruth Dick and Maren Tirabassi)

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

These Snowmen are too darn cute!
Marilyn

Farmhouse prims said...

I love snowmen and your banner is awesome. hugs, Lecia

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your snowmen are great--I have a pattern I want to start and I am also planning to use buttons and rick rack.

Pamela said...

Love your snowmen banner!!! The buttons are a great addition. Thanks for sharing.
Pam

marly said...

I like the added buttons. All your work is so well done! I have a few Blogger issues but not the same as yours. I usually close it completely for a while or copy the entire text from the post and paste it into a new one.

paulette said...

Darn stinking CUTE!! Love them!

Karen said...

The velvet makes an elegant binding.