Sunday, September 21, 2014

Excited to Share this Finish!


I feel like I've been working on the Country Sampler Stitch Camp Sewing Tray by Stacy Nash for the longest time. But today it is finished!

This is a peek at the bottom. I tweaked it a bit by changing the centers of the flowers, adding an extra bird because they are so sweet, and switching the bottom motifs to my favorite Stacy horse and my ever present Orion, the dachshund.   

And here is the grand reveal:


with inside lighting


and outside lighting


We had put together the sides at Camp and afterwards, I was thinking that since the inside was linen that I should have cross stitched on them. Since they were all put together it was too late for that, so I decided to wool applique the same flower motif instead.

I went through all my wool and found that I had a pretty close match to the flowers and the stems / leaves.

I wanted to add something to the short sides as well, but thought the flower would be too busy going all the way around, so...


I added the same flower to the outside of the tray on the short sides.


That way the "vine" goes all the way around while not making it too busy.

I really wanted it to look like a set with our other camp projects, so I added the same little velvet berries  to the four corners of the sewing tray.


I think that it makes a pretty sweet set :)


On the bottom, I added another ticking tag like in the book.


as if I could ever forget Stitch Camp '14 :)


I love the way it looks surrounded by real flowers :)
Lantana - a favorite flower of mine and also of the butterflies.


Thank you so much for letting me go on about Stitch Camp with Stacy Nash at Country Sampler.
It was a magical time with heartfelt projects and finishes.

If you ever have the opportunity to go, I highly recommend it.


"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."
~ 2 Corinthians 13:14

Blessings, Patti

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!

linda said...

This is an heirloom for sure Patti! I love that you "tweak" things to suit you. And the added wool applique is perfect! Amazing; thank you for sharing.

cucki said...

It's so beautiful xxx

moosecraft said...

Country Sampler is my favorite quilt shop! If I lived closer, I'd be at EVERY stitch event they offered! Your tray finished up beautifully!

A.B. said...

You did a stunning job on it. Every particular is amazing and you deserves major compliments.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your project is so lovely. I love all of the little "touches" you added. Just gorgeous ;)
Rose

Katken said...

Oh Patti....it is a very special "set"!!!!

Angie said...

I like the contrast of wool and stitching. Love the colors! Beautiful!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Great finish! Love the addition of wool applique

Laura said...

Just gorgeous!!! You are so talented!!!!!!

Kathy L. said...

Absoulutely beautiful work

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Stunning!

Anonymous said...

very nice!!

Marilyn said...

Your tray turned out so pretty.
Love the changes and additions you've made.
It's cute that you always add Orion. :)
Marilyn

terry a said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
terry a said...

Patti, that is so wonderfully lovely

Kim said...

Patti~~ your finish is so lovely, I have yet to finish mine!!! Love the wool applique you added!! Also love the berries on each corner. It was such a good time, I will never forget it!!
Kim~