Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Stars and Stripes

 
"Stars and Stripes" from "Betsy's Stockings"
 
Each year on the 4th of July, I simply must stitch something patriotic. It makes me happy to stitch in red, white and blue while waiting for darkness to fall and the fireworks to begin.
 
I bought this design the moment I saw it and knew this was the design to stitch on the 4th of July. I love how the little quilt motifs remind me of fireworks.
I edged it with this great old red, white and blue string that I found some time back...
I chose to finish it as a rectangle rather than a stocking.

 
I just love Betsy's dress :)
Since it was a long holiday weekend and this was a quick stitch, I decided to start my abbreviated version of Stacy Nash's "Summer at Hollyberry Farm Sampler" as well. Not enough done to share anything interesting yet :) I may still be stitching that one next 4th of July (even with my abbreviated version lol).

 
And I'll leave you with a pic of my work home decked out in its Stars and Stripes finery!
 
You still have a few days to enter my giveaway by clicking here.
 
"America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea."
Blessings, Patti

6 comments:

cucki said...

Looking so pretty..great stitching.
Love x

Roberta said...

Love it! You have such a good eye for finding those perfect little touches for finishes! ~Roberta

Raymond Homestead said...

You always manage to get so much stitching accomplished and beautiful at that!

Karen said...

I stitched blocks for a patriotic quilt on the 4th of July. Your cross stitch for that day is very appropriate for the holiday. What I really, really like are the designs in your header.

Faye said...

I like the uniqueness.... Betsy would be proud~~~

Giovanna said...

Lovely finish - well done!