Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day & Bedcover status

Here is my current status on my Maggie Bonanomi Boxwood & Berries Bedcover. I'm happy with how it is coming along. I have one more border on the top and the bottom and then comes the part that I am not sure about... the quilting and backing. It will be a new experience for me!
I was so excited to hear from several Boxwood & Berries classmates after they saw my status. It seems like most of us have picked up the project again now that the holidays are over. I would love to share photos of my classmates projects as well, so please share your photos with me at pgagliardi9@hotmail.com It is so much fun to see, how we all start with the same project, but each comes out a bit different.
Pat from session #1 was kind enough to send me her status photo:
Isn't it lovely?! Her added pennies and diamonds are perfect! And I love the little bird's twig... off to build a nest, I'm sure. Here she is testing out scallops in deciding how to finish it. Pat says that she will share a finished photo as well - I can't wait to see it! I'm hoping to see others' photos as well ;)
My bedcover is temporarily sidelined as I finish up my TDIPT Mercantile first of the month offerings... Be sure to stop there later tonight as the big birthday bash begins! More on that tomorrow...
And a Happy Leap Day to you!
Isn't this little Leap Day dance card sweet?
Celebrated at "Forest Hall", the name of the dance was:
"Red and Yeller
Catch a Feller"
so fun!
Here's hoping you do something you love on your extra day!
I'll be attending my younger son's band concert tonight - he plays the tuba :)
And then late tonight, I'll be updating my TDIPT Mercantile offerings.
Blessings, Patti

3 comments:

Shirlee said...

That bedcover is gorgeous! Blessings, Shirlee

Joy said...

Your bedcover is wonderful! How fun to have a leap year card.

Nancy in MT said...

Both are stunning, gorgeous handwork.