Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Flag Day!


I hope that you had a sunny day to fly the stars and stripes in your corner of the world. I think that today was the first beautiful summer day that we've had so far. It was so nice to host our stitch club outside for a garden party of stitching. I stopped in my favorite local antique/resale shop yesterday looking for a vintage 50's printed tablecloth.

But when I found this cross-stitched blue table cloth with red accents for the same price, I knew that I had to buy it! It was a little too short for the table, but oh well it will do.

I had one finish this weekend - "Dutch Strawberries" by Goode Huswife. I was inspired so I made a few aged velvet strawberry pincushions too.
I received a wonderful surprise from my husband and youngest son last weekend:

A rain barrel! I was so excited - I've wanted one for a year. This one is even more special because they made it for me!
They quickly hooked it up to the downspout as it was looking like rain. Sure enough it was filled up in no time at all! 55 gallons of lovely rainwater that my flowers will just love!
Wishing you a lovely week
Blessings, Patti

4 comments:

Beth Twist said...

What a Beautiful tablecloth! And your strawberries (all of them) are just perfect. I think I need to find me some velvet. :)

Suzanne said...

Love your Flag Day decor, and table cloth. And the new stitchery is beautiful! I love your strawberries, :)
Can you believe we've been all over town this weekend looking for a rain barrel? I'll have to show my husband your new one and have him make one too!

Rabbit Hill ~ Handmades by Jenn Tavoletti said...

Hi Patti! Your stitchery is just beautiful. Hope you made it through those terrible storms alright...I'm sure your lovely rain barrel is overflowing! Have a wonderful day! Warm hugs, Jenn

village folk art said...

Patti, I too love strawberries and the motif for designs. Am currently working on a sampler...hope I finish it cause my eyes aren't what they used to be.
Anyways, I love what you do...it is all so beautiful.

Peace & Blessings,
Barb
VFA = Village Folk Art