Thursday, July 10, 2008

Garden Walk

Our church recently had a garden walk and tea and our garden was one of the featured gardens. Our backyard was only planted two weeks prior... after two years of mess following building an addition onto our house. So our home was accurately described as a new garden :). Pour a glass of lemonade and join us on our garden walk...
Come on in...
Our city sized yard... Clematis on our new trellis...
The landscape architect's rendering. Along with my gardening journal... Jenn Tavoletti of Rabbit Hill Primitives http://www.rabbithillprimitives.com/
made my garden journal and this sweet bird nest in a fabric covered box...
A quiet corner with a green marble birdbath of faux water lillies and a bowl of hydrangeas picked from the front yard. Help yourself to a cookie...they're my specialty :)
Come sit on the swing for a bit... I just barely finished this pillow in time! The design is by Primitive Gatherings
http://www.primitivegatherings.us/shop/
If you stay late enough, we can have a fire and roast some marshmallows.
Do you see the joyful buddha peeking beneath the tree? My great uncle, the carver Kava Kava, created him in 1976. I was blessed to inherit him when my great uncle and aunt passed some years back. We have a fountain now, which we love, but it doesn't mask all the sounds of the city. My boys made the butterfly house for me for Mother's Day a few years back. The fruit and vegetable garden has really taken off since this picture, but that's another story for another day. My prolific strawberry patch is on the left. The evergreen tree on the right was a just a foot tall stick when we planted it a few months after our oldest son's birth.

"Come in the evening, or come in the morning; Come when you're look'd for, or come without warning. Kisses and welcome you'll find before you, And the oftener you come here the more I'll adore you!" -Thomas Osborne Davis

Thanks for taking so much time to visit me today. I promise my next post won't be soooo long.

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

Rabbit Hill ~ Handmades by Jenn Tavoletti said...

Hi Patti!!!

I want a butterfly cookie! Those look so good. And your garden is just beautiful! I've been so out of touch lately. We've been busy with family stuff....seems like it was just April! I had to go all the way to the beginning of your blog to read EVERYTHING! I'm so glad you started one. And how did you get your strawberries so big?

Also had to check out your goodies on TDIPT ~ love them all ~ especially old Abe! Your so talented, you should have started a long time ago...when is the website opening??? That's next you know :)

I hope you and your family are having a wonderful summer. Thanks for mentioning RHP.

Hugs & blessings,
Jenn

La Donna Welter said...

Patti,
Thank you for sharing the pictures of your wonderful garden! I really enjoyed my visit! : )
Hugs,
La Donna

Cookie said...

Absoulutely STUNNING, sister! I would love to come by and sample a butterfly cookie, swing on the veranda and giggle like schoolgirls with you! Is next Tuesday good for you?

Suzanne said...

Can I come too? :) What a beautiful garden and yard you have Patti! And I love the pillow you made for your swing! Thanks for sharing....oh, and the cookies look yummy!

Jackie said...

Thanks for the garden tour!
Those cookies look amazing...
Cheers
Jackie at The Red Door