Monday, October 29, 2018

Bittersweet Sisters 2018 Trip ~ Part 2


I thought that you might enjoy a tour of Country Sampler in Spring Green, Wisconsin 
decorated for autumn... 


When you walk in the door, it is hard to decide where to look first...


So many wonderful vignettes


And wonderful displays of fabric, floss and ribbon


I love this reproduction of Jeanne's antique star table mat.
Of course the kit jumped into my shopping basket :)
I'm going to try to make it using English Paper Piecing.


One display is prettier than the next


and all are calling, "Please take me home!"


I love the framed cross stitch displayed in tobacco baskets - gorgeous!


And it's not only cross stitch, but wool applique, quilting and home décor too!
I *need* to pull the "Give Thanks" kit out of my stash pronto!


I love all three of these pieces!
I passed right over the pattern for the horse, but Jeanne had a different vision.
Her colors changes are stunning! She also changed up The Prairie Schooler 2018 Santa and "Season's Greetings" by Teresa Kogut, but I didn't take pictures. All I can say is WOW! 
Be sure to check them out on her website or on Facebook.


I've been thinking about this piece ever since I saw it at Stitch Camp.
I didn't leave it behind this time! ;)


And don't forget to go peek in the basement for sale items!
That large turkey on the left is still calling to me!

We were so lucky to walk downstairs and shop each day for a week.
And each day I saw something that I had missed before...

One day a few of us went on a little road trip. 
I'll share pictures of that next.

Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 
always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, 
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
~Ephesians 5:19-20

Blessings, Patti

10 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a wonderful place!!! Lucky you to spend many days there!

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Patty, so nice to be back blogging once again, I’ve missed you and your posts. ... such a great place, I enjoyed tagging along with you, so many goodies...Hugs Francine💙

Jacqueline said...

What a fun looking shop

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful place to go and shop, love the samplers, they are beautiful.

Debbie

Marilyn said...

There's certainly a lot of eye candy at Country Sampler!
It's worth the trip.
Marilyn

moosecraft said...

Country Sampler is definitely on my "bucket list" of stitchy places to visit!!! Either with a fresh credit card or lottery winnings...I know I'd find MANY lovelies to purchase! lol! And so. What is the name of that "Quaker house with bird" looking sampler? Looks like I may have to stitch one too! :-)

denise said...

i would love to visit that store

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Patti,
I always enjoy your road trips and visit and would LOVE to be able to visit this shop someday!! Thanks for allowing me to "tag along" via your blog, and hope you have fun with all your new stitching pieces!!!
Hope your mom is doing well, too!
Take care and enjoy your week!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Cheryl WNC said...

Thanks for sharing. I just love your site and seeing all your travels. Would you happen to know what the pattern is for the piece above the tobacco basket? The one with the horse, fox, house and the big red flowers? I love that!

Cheryl McCloy

Cheryl WNC said...

Ooops, I meant the deer or stag not horse. Haha. Thanks!