Sunday, April 22, 2018

"Pure & Simple"


I've been blessed to have been taking classes with Maggie since 2001.
Maggie Bonanomi has an iconic unique style that is so identifiable.
It is timeless and beautiful ~ reminiscent of antiques and inspired by nature.

For seventeen years her style has touched by heart and continues to do so.
Not many artists can accomplish that.

I am so happy that Maggie has a new book out!
"Pure & Simple" inspired by the Seasons is available May 1.
I was blessed to have early access to her book and I can tell you that it is marvelous!
A full year of seasonal projects and then some. I think that each and every project is a "must do".


Mom and I have completed a few of the projects from her book.


It's fun to see that even when we do the same project with most of the same materials, they still come out slightly different and unique.


This is one of my favorite projects from the book.


Mom has finished hers.


It is so beautiful in person, I think I need to be sure to finish mine for this autumn.


This is another sweet project from the book - perfect for Christmas and all winter long.


 This is Mom's version.


And this is mine.


I think that Maggie's style is so timeless that it works with all home styles - from primitive to traditional to modern.


Mom finished this project as well.
Maggie encourages you to take the elements and arrange them in a way that is pleasing to you. 


Mine is all prepared, but not yet stitched. 
Mom and I both find that Maggie's patterns are the most relaxing to work on. Once prepped, Maggie's technique of whip stitching allows you to relax and enjoy.

I have already picked the next project that I want to make in her book:


Isn't this perfect for May Day!

You can pre-order Maggie's new book "Pure & Simple" here.

The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
~Psalm 19:1

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

denise said...

Wow!!I gotta have that book.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I am stalking the mail mam while I wait for the arrival of Maggie's new book. Her style and designs sing to my heart!

Rugs and Pugs said...

You and your mom are so talented!
I am looking forward to Maggie's new book. I just love all her patterns.
Safe travels to you and mom. Be sure to take lots of pictures to share!
Hugs 😊
Lauren

Marilyn said...

This looks like a fantastic book.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful projects.
Marilyn

Cricketwood prims and gardens said...

All your projects are so wonderful!! I am looking forward to receiving mine from her too! I feel lucky to have taken a few classes from her trips to The Buggy Barn in Spokane, I hope to be in another one some day, she is truly a wonderful person.

cocoya said...

I am stalking the mail mam while I wait for the arrival of Maggie's new book. Her style and designs sing to my heart!


สล็อต ออนไลน์

Raymond Homestead said...

Yes, I was glad to see Maggie had a new book out! Love her style as well. I haven't done any projects for awhile, I need to find that motivation again!