Saturday, January 6, 2018

A few final finishes of 2017


Thanks to my good friend Jan, I have two more finishes to share!
Jan framed this piece for me!!! I am so thrilled!
This was truly a work of heart - it took 18 months on and off 
and has many memories stitched into it along with prayers.

I'm sorry to say that it is not yet hanging on my wall. It measures almost 2 feet by 3 feet and I haven't found just the right spot for it yet...


I love the frame! It is made by Yellow Creek Quilt Designs, who also designed and kitted the quilt. It is made of old barn wood and I love the age and history of the wood! 


"Stone Flower Sewing Pocket"
by Stacy Nash for Country Sampler's Girls Club

Jan also finished this beautiful piece for me!
It was definitely beyond my hand stitching skills. 
Thank you ever so much Jan for your beautiful finishing!


I love the subtle colors of this piece.
Of course the dogs morphed into dachshunds as they tend to do on my stitches :)

I have lots of finishes of my Mom's to share too. 
I think I will break them up into some shorter posts, too.

You greatly rejoice in this, even though you have to suffer various kinds of trials for a little while, so that your genuine faith, which is more valuable than gold that perishes when tested by fire, may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus, the Messiah, is revealed.
~1 Peter 1:6-7

Blessings, Patti

12 comments:

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

Two such wonderful pieces. I love the quilt piece framed and ready to be hung. Both pieces; the quilt and purse are amazing. Well done!

Angie said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Everything you do is beautiful:) Such talent!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful finishes.
The quilt is stunning!
Hopefully we will get a break in this weather starting tomorrow.

Prims By The Water said...

Wonderful finishes Patti. Love how you framed the quilt. Janice

Brenda said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing your work, travels,and adventures...may the New Year of 2018 be good to you and your family!

Tempus fugit said...

I love them both !

Marilyn said...

The framed quilt is a masterpiece, so pretty.
the pouch is pretty also.
Marilyn

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Your hexagons! I'm going to a retreat in a few weeks, and I hope to work on the same project. My hexies are 3/8". Crazy!

Sue McQ said...

Hi Patti...I have the same pattern for the hexies, started earlier last year and many more to go. The frame is absolutely fitting for the quilt.

moosecraft said...

Beautiful finishes! Jan is a SUPER helper! :-) Looking forward to seeing what your Mom has created!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Patti,
Both pieces are just beautiful and hope you find the perfect spot for that hexie piece!!
I always love to see what your mom has created and hope she is doing well, too!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Karen said...

The sewing pocket is wonderful!