Thursday, December 1, 2016

Primitives on the Prairie


Mom and I visited several of the central Illinois primitive shows over Veterans Day weekend.
I was inspired immediately by several antique penny rugs.
I was struck by the yellow star from a distance.


Up close I loved the unusual flowers around the edge.


another beautiful penny rug.


This one also struck me.
The background looks like denim.


And it features a variegated thread or yarn.


I loved the graphic quilt, but would just love to have it all :)


Don't these make a gorgeous grouping?
Of course my one regret was not purchasing one,
although I really love the two that I already own.


The ornaments look perfect in this basket of greenery.


A beautiful vignette.


This lantern was a stunner with incredible mirrored reflectors.


Another beautiful graphic display.


The lovely both of Beth Pulsipher.


Beth had so many lovely things and I did some shopping in her booth :)


In addition to antiques, there is also some lovely primitive folk art.
Ginny Henson was at the Rural Life show, so I had to add this sweet bunny to my collection.
I love his little cupped ears.


Maggie Bonanomi was also at Rural Life and I bought this great "Thankful" cornucopia pinkeep to which I added some antique pins.


Mom bought this stunning runner from Maggie.
It's called "Remains of the Day" and was featured in her book "Thistle Down Moon".


I love the old fabrics.


And the wonderful textures.


And Mom loved that Maggie's initials are on it :)


When I got home I realized that all the antiques that I bought were from Beth's booth :)


A wonderful tin pincushion with really old fabric.
A shaker apple core spool with blue paint.
A wonderful and unusual turtle ink well.
(I've collected antique dip pens and inkwells since I was 16. I haven't added to my collection in years, but had to with this wonderful piece.)


Some wonderful lace yardage and a sweet daguerreotype of a small child.

I can't wait for the shows to return to my Mom's town in March!
We'll be there!

Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;    
make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
    tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name;
    let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
~ 1 Chronicles 16:8-10

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time! I adore antique penny rugs…and all things finery and antique! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

***Fibery

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time! I adore antique penny rugs…and all things finery and antique! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful! What a fun time you must have had. I love this show and tell. Thanks.

Marilyn said...

Great works of art.
You both made some nice choices.
Marilyn

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

so many wonderful shows to visit! love all of your treasures :)
L

Me and My Stitches said...

I want to shop with you! Just love everything in this post!

Higglersnotch said...

What a fun day! I love everything! The penny rugs and quilt were amazing.
Marcia/Higglersnotch