Thursday, June 9, 2016

Pennies from Heaven ~ Volume 11

 
Last week, my sister and I headed down to our parents for a quick trip.
Yes, Mom has been at it again - quickly finishing some major projects!
 
(Please excuse the photos this time. It was storming out and some were taken at night, so the photography is not good, but let me tell you that the creations are all stunning in person!)
 
"Garden Bouquet" by Kathi Campbell of Heart to Hand
This quilt is stunning in person!!!

 
I think that this is my favorite block :)
 
and yes, Mom completed not one but two quilts!!!
 
 
"Flower Baskets" by Wooden Spool Designs
Another stunner!

 
A favorite block
Those tiny French knots are like seed beads and really set off the blocks.
 
 
Beautiful work.
After we chatted for a while, Mom thought it needed something more and pulled out some shell buttons.

 
The buttons aren't sewn on here, but I think it can now be declared perfect!
 
 
My sister also had a finish. She shared the blocks last time, but now they are all sewn together and complete. Her beautiful afghan is ready to use on the occasional chilly summer night ;)

 
I made slow progress on my hexies - creating the paths and slowly sewing my stars and flowers together,
 
 
I laid out all my completed pieces to figure out color placement.

 
I think I'll be working on paths for a while...
I haven't picked this up since our return.
Pam and I are headed back down in two and a half weeks, so maybe I can work on my hexies again then...
Who knows what Mom is working on next! LOL!
 
There is still time to enter my little Downton Abbey giveaway here.
 
"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
~Ephesians 3:17-19
 
Blessings, Patti

4 comments:

Karen said...

The wool baskets are oh so nice.

paulette said...

WOW!! What a talented family...obviously getting it from your mom! I loved EVERYTHING!!!

Prims By The Water said...

Your mom is getting to be a real pro at this. Love everything from the quilts to your hexes! Janice

Marilyn said...

It looks like your Mom has found her niche.
Her work is beautiful, as is your sister's and yours also.
Marilyn