Saturday, August 22, 2015

Stitching Finishes in the North Woods


Our trip up north included a trip to Bayfield.
We had booked a trip to the Apostle Islands,
but 20 minutes into it, the boat engine overheated and the trip was cancelled.


The area was lovely.


Another day, the boys and I took a 12 mile kayak ride down a section of the Brule River ~ The River of Presidents.


I was pleased that I was almost able to keep up with them.


 Presidents Grant, Coolidge, Hoover, Truman and Eisenhower have all stayed on Cedar Island on the Brule River 


The Brule is one of the best trout streams in the country. 


I was enamored by the wonderful old boat houses along the Brule - this one is on Cedar Island. 


 They look like a wonderful spot to spend an afternoon.


Relaxing and taking in the scenery. 


 This one is absolutely huge and decorated with driftwood...


Some look like they have been there a long time and have many stories to tell...


On vacation, I also like to ride along at the golf course, taking in the pretty scenery.


 And doing a little stitching, of course.


 Do you remember this piece that I was working on when we adopted Peanut and Leia?
You can read about it here

The dogs were revised a bit to look more like dachshunds :)


 Schoolgirl Sampler Spring Sewing Bag
is now complete.


 The colors reminded me of some French General fabric I had and I added a bit of wool, of course.
Most importantly I added a little tag to commemorate the pups homecoming :)


I also finished this Girls Club kit.
When I started it, I decided that I didn't want it to be a table mat.
So in Maggie's make do fashion, I added a bit of my own wool and created: 


 A wall hanging instead.

Live Each Season 


 Gail at River's Edge Quilt Loft helped me pick out the pretty backing fabric :)
And I added a tag to remind me of the places where it was created.
(Oops! It's upside down, but you get the idea :)

Be sure to stop back on Monday, especially if you like wool applique and giveaways!

"If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not withhold his own Son, but gave him up for all of us, will he not with him also give us everything else?"
~Romans 8:31-32

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

linda said...

Thank you so much for sharing pictures of the boathouses! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them. Your stitching and finishing is wonderful as always; I really like the wall hanging.

WoolenSails said...

That looks like a beautiful place to have a vacation and relax.
Your new pieces came out beautifully.

Debbie

Unknown said...

ihave been to the spot where the brule and the stcroux rivers start. it is the same place they spilt one goes south and one goes north neat

Rugs and Pugs said...

That looks like a perfect vacation spot.
You have been so productive. Great finishes.
Hugs ;)
Laure

paulette said...

Gorgeous keepsake piece! Thanks for sharing pictures of your vacation!