Sunday, June 27, 2010

Busy as a Bee ~~~*

This pincushion sure got a workout this weekend. Where does the time go??
Wednesday night it will once again be time for the TDIPT Mercantile artists to update their first of the month offerings. My fingers were in overdrive trying to complete some of my offerings.
Hopefully I will be all set to update late Wednesday night...
I remember as a child and a teenager that summer days seemed to go on forever...
But I think that it is true that as you grow older time passes more and more quickly.
Oh how I do wish that it would slow down for just a bit!
Don't you just love this basket? When my sister and I were visiting our parents, I found a great antique picnic basket. It was $25 and I just couldn't decide... Of course, once I returned home I wished that I had bought it. Then this weekend I found this great antique basket at an estate sale for $5! What a deal! I guess that it was just meant to be :)


This month I pulled out some of my collection of antique tickings and antique patriotic homespuns ~ just the thing to get me in the mood for summer picnics and the 4th of July.


Well, the weekend was fairly productive.
I might just meet my deadline...
"Here in the country's heart
Where the grass is green
Life is the same sweet life
As it e'er hath been
Trust in a God still lives,
And the bell at morn
Floats with a thought of God
O'er the rising corn.
God comes down in the rain
And the crop grows tall -
This is the country faith
and the best of all!
~Norman Gale


Blessings, Patti

4 comments:

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us this month on TDIPT. I so love my strawberry companions and they make me smile everyday. Thank you again Patti for creating them.
~Nan

staci said...

Cognrats on finding a gorgeous picnic basket at a bargain price! Love your fabrics and cushions :)

Lola said...

I just LOVE your picnic basket and patriotic homespuns! Of course, your strawberries are my favorite...at least for now! Each of your sweet, inspirational "poems" are medicine for the soul...I really, really love reading them and letting them penetrate my heart. Brightest Blessings to you, Patti!
Lola

Missy said...

fab basket...great find. I want that Strawberry emery!! LOL

hugs
-missy-