Wednesday, May 26, 2010

* Birds & Berries *


"Nest"
Primitive Gatherings
Well, the real baby robins haven't hatched yet, but the needlework ones have :)


"Nest"
Primitive Gatherings
I loved this design so much that I had to create it twice. After doing it full size, I wondered how it would look if I shrunk the pattern and used a different background fabric. I'm happy with both results.
Chicago has been in a heat wave this week and the strawberry patch is ripening early.
I love everything about my little patch and it brightens my heart.
Each morning as I leave for work, I take a peek and see how everything is progressing.

Last year's crop from my little patch weighed in at 13 pounds 9 ounces.

Judging by how things are progressing so far I think we might beat that harvest this year.

I've pulled out my red velvets and red wools and have gotten busy creating.
My TDIPT offerings for June 1st will all have a strawberry theme.

I'm thinking some really aged and worn primitive strawberry emeries...

Maybe even a few green unripe berries as well...


Before you know it, we will be having our strawberry smoothies each night after dinner...

Blessings, Patti

3 comments:

moosecraft said...

Oh my! I love fresh strawberries and yours are looking picture perfect! How do you keep the critters from getting to them before you do? I always have to settle for stitched strawberries at my home! LOL!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Love your "Nest" renditions :)
And your strawberries...YUM-O!

COUSON said...

Your blog is so sweat.Love.Couson