Friday, February 12, 2010

A finish and two starts


Just in time I've finished this creation ~ "Love and be Loved" by With Thy Needle & Thread. I thought a lot about this sentiment as I stitched it. I think the more you love others, the more love comes back to you. When you feel lonely or unloved, show your love to others and it will come back ten fold.
I finished this piece with two antique skeleton keys and several antique mother of pearl buttons.
Of course now that I finished one thing it's time to start two new projects ;)
All the pieces are cut for Maggie Bonanomi's heart table mat. Let's see if I can get it stitched together for Valentine's Day!

I also couldn't wait another minute to start "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm" by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery.
Since I don't have an LNS, I had to rifle through my stash for fabric & thread. I settled on 32 count natural linen and Mascara by Weeks Dye Works. I don't usually stitch pieces this large anymore as my attention usually wanders. So I've decided to pick my favorite bands to stitch. This is the first time that I ever started anywhere but the center, but I thought it made sense...
Don't look too closely as I've already made a few mistakes...

I put together a *Snow*Day* playlist for my iPod to listen to as I stitch it.
I found 5 versions of this song on our home music library ~ versions by Frank Sinatra, Tony & Antonia Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday and a rocking remix by Kay Starr. I also added 28 versions of Baby It's Cold Outside, Let It Snow, Sleigh Ride, and Winter Wonderland. If we get more snow, it may be my fault :o

Well, I'm going back to watching the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics and hopefully finishing my "Snow Day" pinkeep.

Blessings, Patti

6 comments:

Nancy said...

I love all three of your projects! I too rummage through stash of linen and thread due to the lack of a LNS. But, sometimes I think that makes it more fun! Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Patti your stitching looks just wonderful! I'm stitching the "Love and be Loved" too..almost finished!
Have a lovely Valentines with the ones you love!

corinna said...

great stuff...
i love the country stitches cupid piece and finish..
the sentiment on it is perfect

mat is going to be pretty,
sampler too.!
i always look at my samplers and stitches from
a distance to forget about "changes
from the pattern".... which i have learned to become quite comfortable with
life is to short to frog
;0)

Amy said...

Wonderful job!!

Have a happy Valentine's Day.

Raymond Homestead said...

Patti, love your projects! Especially the love and be loved pillow and I think you are right in saying the more you love others, the more love comes back to you!

Deb said...

I love all of your projects! Happy Valentine's Day!