Monday, June 1, 2009

Welcome June!


June is here and right on cue my peonies are blooming. We planted the peony last year after it had bloomed and I was ever so anxious to see the flowers in person. They are definitiely worth the wait!

The strawberries are ripening and we picked and ate our first two pounds over the weekend.

TDIPT Mercantile is featuring a theme of A Day at the Fair for the month of June. I was truly inspired my the theme and had lots of fun creating this months offerings:

I stitched up two more keys for my year-long series - Key to my Garden Gate and Key to Strawberry Jam.

I hand-stitched some blue ribbon produce - vintage styled tomato pincushions with strawberry emeries.

The Day at the Fair also inspired a blue ribbon horse - appliqued to a vintage quilt top square.

And finally from the poultry barn a sweet hen and her chicks.
Stop by the TDIPT Mercantile to see all the lovely offerings from the fair.
Blessings, Patti

3 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Oh Patti - look at those strawberries - yummmmmm! Great pictures.

I love June - enjoy!
Tanya

primitivebettys said...

My mouth is watering 'cause of the strawberries & all your new goodies! ;)

Françoise said...

super!!!
françoise