Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Storm and A Finish

We had quite the storms yesterday - one in the morning and another in the evening. We received 4 inches of rain, so my rain barrel is filled again :) We had wind gusts of 70 mph. We live in a town with lots of old trees and they sure took the brunt of the storm. A huge old tree in front of our public library was felled. We've all spent time reading on the benches sheltered under that tree... Another large tree fell and blocked our street and another blocked our alley. It was definitely interesting running errands this morning.

I'm very happy with my project that I finished today -



I love this piece "May Flowers" designed by Maggie Bonanomi. It was supposed to be a table runner, but I shortened it and made it into a bell pull instead. I belong to two clubs through The Country Sampler - a Maggie Bonanomi club and a Stacy Nash Club. My goal this year is to finish each club piece before I receive the next kit. So far, so good! I'm hoping to finish the Stacy Nash kit in the next week or so... and then I expect two new kits in July.

On the back of larger pieces, I add an antique ticking tag with my name, where and when I made it and a quote or phrase that reminds me what was going on as I made it. In this case, I'm in a Sunday School study class based on the book - "What's so Amazing about Grace?" by Philip Yancy.
"Grace means there is nothing we can do to make God love us more...
And grace means there is nothing we can do to make God love us less.."
-PhilipYancy
I love that message.
Blessings, Patti

1 comment:

Beth Twist said...

Oh, I REALLY love your bell pull- Maggie's designs are wonderful, and you did a fabulous job putting it together!