Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Party

While our family was camping at Turkey Run, there was an unapproved, unauthorized party at our home.
When we returned, the revelers were still there amid the chaos and mess.

They didn't even bother to look up when we found them trespassing and voilating our home...

We've never had this problem before.








The neighborhood squirrels ate every single kernel of indian corn and every single sunflower seed from our garden - in one single weekend!!! When we left the corn and sunflowers looked wonderful and I was anticipating harvesting it soon. How could they have eaten so much in such a short time?! The squirrels were going to get the indian corn at the end of November after I had enjoyed using it for decorations in my home. The sunflower seeds were to feed the birds for the winter.
If you have any suggestions for next year, I would truly appreciate it. They have never bothered my garden before. Now I'm worried what will happen to my strawberries next June, now that they know I have a smorgasbord in our garden...Last week we began a wonderful new series both in our church service and in our bible study. It's called Three Simple Rules by Reuben P. Job. The three rules are:
1. Do no harm.
2. Do good.
3. Stay in love with God.
So simple, yet so powerful!

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?" -Abe Lincoln

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." -Matthew 5:43-48

Blessings, Patti

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh, those party animals! So sorry the little revelers ate their weight in kernels and seeds from your garden. We have a dog that has a love/hate relationship with the squirrels in our backyard, but the little creatures still seem to "harvest" their share of sunflower seeds.