Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Fully finished for Summer!



“Truckin Along - June”
By Stitching with the Housewives

I really like this series! Monthly designs are so fun.
I’m debating whether I want to take the leather handles off the basket...
I think it will be cute hanging on a wall.

I’ve been able to fully finish a few things to enjoy this summer...


“Star Spangled”
By Stone Street Stitchworks

One of my favorite stitches of 2019. 
Now on display to really enjoy 😊 


“July’s Celebration”
By Blackbird Designs
From their book “A Fine Collection”

I stitched this so many years ago - probably the year that the book came out.
It’s stitched over one so it is rather tiny and I never could decide how to finish it.
I think that it looks right at home finished simply in this tiny basket.


“Liberty Sewing Pouch”
By Stacy Nash Primitives

Another over one stitch from many years ago.


Another simple finish, but it really focuses on the stitching.


“Old Glory”
What’s in my cup series
By Stitching with the Housewives


I stitched this last month and really enjoyed this quick stitch.
I had fun with the rick rack too 😉


Perfect for a little shelf


And it joins some finishes from past years.


“Truckin Along - July”
By Stitching with the Housewives

This is an abbreviated version as I had an idea as to how I wanted to finish it


I finished it on a little wooden crate filled with gingham stars.
I thought it would go perfect here:


Those little pennants reminded me of my patriotic Rae Dunn pottery.
Don’t they look great together?

And finally my most recent finish:


An abbreviated version of 
“Star Spangled Swine Farm”
By Hands On Design

I’m enjoying these finished patriotic stitches 
and now I’m ready for stitching sunflowers and bumblebees for August!

“The Lord does not look at the things people look at.
People look at the outward appearance,
But the Lord looks at the heart”
~ 1 Samuel 16:7

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

sue said...

Love everything you do. The finishes are perfect.

Candee said...

So many fantastic finishes. Love every one!

Christine said...

Great finishes! And thank you for posting pics below of your vacation in the north woods it looks so serene. I have always had a fear of kayaking but the more pictures I see of others doing it, the more I want to try it.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow!! You have been incredibly busy....and productive!! Such great finishes...it's very difficult to pick a favorite. Sometimes it seems that the "finish" takes longer than the stitching...at least for me LOL. I think you should do a short little tutorial sometimes on how you do some of the ones you do....they always look so very neat and tidy....and professional! Enjoy your August....always look forward to your finishes! ~Robin~

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have been very busy with so many awesome projects and finishes. I enjoy doing monthly series too, but have not got started on these yet. I look forward to seeing what all you complete in August. Happy stitching, Melisa

Marilyn said...

All great projects!
Marilyn

Paula from Kansas said...

I love all of your finishes. Do you do them yourself? They are lovely and so neat!