Thursday, October 10, 2019

"Exploring Folk Art With Wool Applique And More"


We were so thrilled that Rebekah's latest book was released while we were together at 
Country at Heart in Rock Falls, Illinois.
This is a  special book for mom and I, as Rebekah and Kelsey asked us to be a part of it!


Mom and I had the opportunity to make one of the projects in the new book 
"All-in-one Basket" before the book came out!
Mom and I were both thrilled with each of the colorways we received - Rebekah and Kelsey know us well. :) And we were featured in the Gallery of Projects in the book!


It was truly a family affair


We weren't able to get together with Rebekah and Kelsey for a photo shoot


so my youngest son took the pictures and received a photo credit in the book :)


Here is Mom's finished basket cover - she used 
Valdani threads and a few beads.


and here is mine. I used Rustic Wool Moire Thread.


We are both thrilled with our baskets!
You can find the amazing basket for purchase here. It's wonderful!

I know that I have only focused on one project from the book, but this book is chock full with many wonderful projects and each project featured is done in wool applique and another needlework medium.
We saw all the models at the class at Country at Heart and there are so many that I want to create!


Thank you ever so much Rebekah and Kelsey from the bottom of our hearts!
It has meant so much to Mom and me to be able to share in this special book with you!
From one mother/daughter team to another Thank You! :)

I am off to spend some time with the Bittersweet Stitching Sisters, 
so you know that I will have a lot to share when I return :)

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, 
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
~Romans 15:13

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

What pretty Baskets.
Congrats on being featured in Rebekah's book!
Marilyn

Pat Salvatini said...

Congratulations. I wondered who took the pictures since I recognized the backgrounds. lol. I always enjoy seeing how you each complete your projects. As always, thank you for sharing.

Nancy Watkins said...

What a blessing to share this with your mother! Sweet memories being made.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Very special indeed...especially sharing with your mom :)
Anne makes THE BEST baskets...and she is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

congrats to you both! and to Kelsey & Rebekah on another beautiful publication ~
L

marly said...

Congratulations to you both! To share this honor between mom and daughter is truly special.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful book to be a part of! Both of your projects are beautiful and the baskets awesome. Thank you for sharing!

GeneGribouille03 said...

What a lovely basket have a good day Geneviève de France