Thursday, July 19, 2018

Tomorrow's Heirlooms 2018 retreat ~ Part 1


Last weekend I attended the 2018 Summer Retreat put on by Tomorrow's Heirlooms.
The teachers this year were Tanya Brockmeyer of The Scarlett House 
and Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery! I was so excited! 
I know both of them, but had never taken a class with either of them.

On Friday night there was a meet and greet and trunk show at the hotel where the event was taking place.


Oh my goodness gracious! Both designers are so prolific! 


And to see so many finished models in one place was breathtaking!


So many of the designs I was familiar with, but they are always even prettier in person!


I love the red chairs in this sampler and it was just darling displayed on a little red chair.


I would love to have one of each ;)


There are never enough hours to stitch!


All of the above are designs by The Scarlett House and here is Tanya herself
who drove all the way from Arizona with her husband and their four sweet dogs.


And I didn't forget to take pictures of Beth's wonderful designs.


Oh my! Where to even start?!


This sampler was lovely on a larger count and I believe it may have been stitched with wool thread.


I was so thrilled that Beth's daughter let her mom bring "Prairie Life Sampler".


So lovely in person! I was a fan of the "Little House on the Prairie" books and tv show growing up and I just recently read "Prairie Fires". This pattern just had to come home with me!
Thanks so much to Beth's daughter for sharing!


Are you a fan of Beth's "Festive Little Fobs" series?


Oh my heavens! How wonderful to see so many of them in person. 


Each one is sweeter than the next


And the variety of finishes are so neat.


It may have looked like I was all alone, but it was crowded!
So much fun to bump into old friends and new. (Literally lol!) 


Beth had created a freebie chart for our event.
How appropriate!


and the back (or is it the front?) is lovely too!


Tanya also created a freebie chart for us.


Look at it stitched on a teeny tiny count of linen.


Tomorrow's Heirlooms had fabric, thread packs and trim for both charts all set to go.
You know I had to get it all!

I have so much more to share from this retreat,
but I am heading to the northwoods for my annual trip to unplug and recharge.
I thought this is a good post to keep up while I am gone.
So much eye candy to entertain you :)
I'll share the rest when I return...

The Lord will keep you from all evil;
    he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
    your going out and your coming in
    from this time forth and forevermore.
~Psalm 121:7-8

Blessings, Patti

13 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Looks like a fun event to attend and so many beautiful samplers.
Love the threads you got, gorgeous shades.

Debbie

Clare said...

Lots of fun by the the lovely photos. I have some of those samplers to stitch but also saw some that I would love to get and stitch as well. Look forward to seeing your progress on your stitching in other post. Happy Stitching.

Marilyn said...

Looks like a fantastic retreat with fabulous designers.
Cute projects!
Marilyn

Prims By The Water said...

Wonderful samplers Patti! Have fun in the North Woods. Janice

denise said...

WOW! JUST WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacqueline said...

I am drooling on my screen. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a great trip.

Robin in Virginia said...

It looked like a great weekend. It is inspiring to see so many models up close and personal. Thanks for taking us along through your camera's lens. Enjoy your weekend!

kelley said...

the freebie from Beth is so perfect...this eye candy should last us a while...enjoy your trip to the North Woods...

Anonymous said...

this is my first visit here and I chose a good one, what beautiful work and a wonderful event! Have a wonderful time away , I will join as a follower so I won't miss your next post!

Lady Locust said...

Wow wow wow! I wonder how many stitches just in the photos you showed.

Lillian Carol said...

How wonderful to be a part of this awesome retreat. Your pictures are always so lovely....you almost feel as if you were actually there! Thank you for sharing. Safe travels and enjoy your trip.

GeneGribouille03 said...

Quelle chance de pouvoir voir tout en vrai tout est tellement beau que l'on voudrait tout faire merveilleux sampler merci pour la ballade bon week end Geneviève

Raymond Homestead said...

Lots of eye candy!