Thursday, March 15, 2018

Our "new" old treasures


You know that Mom and I couldn't go to those wonderful primitive antique shows and not come home with some treasures! :)

Mom bought this darling strawberry emery atop an antique spool from our friend,
folk artist Ginny Henson.


Mom also found a gorgeous braid / spool cabinet in wonderful condition.
The gold stenciling on the back is in great condition and she found the perfect place for it to live! 


I found this sweet little berry basket with a lining of wonderful antique berry print fabric stitched inside. I'm thinking it might be sweet filled with antique strawberry emeries... 


This sweet little leather shoe pincushion in fabulous condition - I love how the velvet has worn away. The beadwork is stunning. And the leather sole and wood heel - oh my!


This folk art frame and old marbled paper will be a great background for some cross stitch or wee wool applique. I have ideas on how I might finish this single quilt top star...


I've had this wall of calligraphy birds for some time, but had a bird water color in the upper right corner that was bothering me. Now it has been replaced by my latest calligraphy bird.


Love the old frame and old glass to set off the artwork.


I also couldn't pass up these two works of art from the same dealer.


A beautifully done Amish stumpwork (plushwork) embroidery on a velvet pincushion.
It is so well done - I really appreciate the hours of work and artistry that went into its creation.


And this caught my eye immediately.
I love it on so many levels ~
The tiny perforated paper cross stitch - they don't make paper in this small of a count any more 
The declaration of "Sweet Home" stitched under the house
The white washed folk art frame with so many details 
It all makes my heart sing!

And finally:


My "new" old sewing box that opens on both sides with a wire hinge.
I can't wait to set it up for my stitching and put it to continued good use...

Before dawn breaks in the morning, I'll be heading on a long weekend trip.
I'm going to a city and state that I haven't visited for about 30 years.
I am anxious to return and visit again...
Any ideas where I am headed? I hope to let you know when I return early next week. :)

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ[a] has been born of God, and everyone who loves the parent loves the child.  By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.
~1 John 5:1-2

Blessings, Patti 

10 comments:

marly said...

My favorites are the berry, box, and shoe. Great finds! Safe travels to ????

Lady Locust said...

I love it all! You do find the treasures. Also please pass along to Mom that she has exquisite taste - says I 😊. Hmmm. Wherever you are going, I hope it is warm and beautiful for your visit. And if you need an address to mail treasures to just let me know.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

I really need to come shopping with you & Mom ~ just' saying' <3
L

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Patti,
You and your mom sure do find some amazing treasures together!!! Would so love to come along on your shopping trips with you!!! I LOVE the spool cabinet and the little strawberry, but your sewing box is my favorite!! What a FUN piece!!!
Not sure where you are heading, but do hope you really enjoy your visit!!
Take care, have a great week, and safe travels!!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Three Sheep Studio said...

Such amazing finds! Why don’t I find sewing boxes like that !! Safe travels on your next adventure.
Rose

Marilyn said...

What great treasures you and your Mom found.
Have fun on your trip!
Marilyn

Simple Pleasure said...

Delicious treasures for you and Mom...they have found good homes! Safe travels...
Warmest regards,
Patricia

Sue McQ said...

Wonderful treasures! I am especially drawn to the tiny house in white frame. How precious.

Rugs and Pugs said...

You and your mom find the BEST treasures!!! I love that spool cabinet and the calligraphy birds are absolutely wonderful.
Happy St. Patrick's Day ;)

Halland House Gifts said...

I just loved seeing your newly acquired treasures. I suspect I’ll be stitching some long ignored strawberry pieces. I keep seeing them everywhere, and I really do love them 😊. Judy