Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Hexie Love ~ Part 1 ~ A Finish


Eighteen months ago, I visited Yellow Creek Quilt Designs on a day trip with some friends.
You can read about it here.

I purchased their "Stars in the Garden" half inch hexie kit and couldn't wait to get started!


 Before I knew it, my first star was finished!
I was hooked!


I made progress and enjoyed each step, but sometimes I would put it down and would forget about it for a few months. 


Before I knew it all the full stars were completed and I only had partial pieces left...
When Mom was headed to the hospital, I had the quick thought to grab this project bag to bring with me. Mom and I did some color planning as to piece placement while there.
And now the big reveal!


"Stars for the Garden" is complete!
I don't consider it finished until it is in the frame and hanging on my wall lol ;)
Oh Jan! I will be contacting you soon...

If you are interested in this pattern/kit, you can find their website here and their Facebook page here.

It's funny, as I started closing in on this project, my mind started wandering to my next English Paper Piecing project. That will be in my next post.

I never do this, but I had to share the back - it really intrigued me.


Since the half inch hexies are so small the fabric fully wraps around.  I thought that it was pretty.


A close up of the back.

I have to share some happy news! 
Mom is done with chemo! We are now gearing up for the next step - radiation. 
I think that the hardest part is behind her. 
Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support! 
They are greatly appreciated!

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
~Romans 12:9-13

Blessings, Patti

12 comments:

denise said...

wonderful news on your mom!

marly said...

Glad your mom is finished with that part and I hope she is not feeling too poorly.
The back of the quilt is really nice, had no idea it would be sewn like that.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your hex is beautiful--mine is still a WIP. Great news for your Mom--prayers for her

Jean Bee said...

Good news about your Mom! Love your quilt!

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a wonderful finish. Love, love, love it!
So happy to hear about your mom. I will keep her in my prayers.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Barb said...

Lovely! Working on something smaller before I attempt that one. Great news for mom. Onward and upward.

WoolenSails said...

Your hexes are beautiful and nice finish.
I am glad to hear the good news and prayers that the next step is easier on your mom and she can feel better again.

Debbie

Marilyn said...

It's beautiful, front & back.
Great news about your Mom.
Marilyn

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

This is beautiful! I bought the 3/8" size hexies for the same pattern, and I'm still working on it. You have inspired me; I love seeing yours. Still praying for your mom.

pj said...

I love hexies too. Such beautiful designs and fun to make!

Great news about your mom! Prayers for her health!

Happy fall!

Annmarie said...

The best of news about your mom....continued improvement and happiness are my wishes for her. I love your quilt and the color choices are wonderful. Thanks for sharing

Me and My Stitches said...

I love your hexies - I have seen Yellow Creek's and always wish that I could make one. Sigh...some time we will find more hours in the day! Glad your mom is finished with chemo. How is she feeling? My mom's experience with radiation was not bad - mostly just really tired towards the end of it.