Monday, May 22, 2017

From Our Hands ~ Creative *The Mercantile~Part 2*


The amazing booths continue with Laurie Lausen of LJ Fibers at The Wooly Red Rug.
I was so excited to meet Laurie after placing many orders with her these past few months :)


And both Laurie and her booth were lovely!
I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy her book "Hilda H. Thornbroom's Herbal" - look at all the wonderful designs it contains! I may need to place another order...



Laurie had wonderful wool bundles for sale. 


I was so excited to share one of her designs that I completed.
"Hearts and Tulips" was Laurie's design that was included in the premiere issue (Spring 2017) of Wool Works Magazine. 


While her original design was a rectangle, I decided to make mine round for a round table I have.


It was such a joy to work with her beautiful wool and Rustic Wool Moire thread.


And it was fun to share my finish with her in person.


Mom made some purchases in Laurie's booth.


And I added to my ever growing collection of wool threads.


I also purchased two of Laurie's books.
I saw two Memorie Cloth projects in person and they are amazing!


This one that is on the cover of her book



And this one that her friend had in progress - stunning!



I also bought this sweet punch needle pin that Laurie created.


Next up was the booth of Stacy Nash and her newest offerings set my heart aflutter!


Stacy shared her newest antique sampler find and the pieces that it inspired


Be still my heart!


Aren't these trays, pin disk and needle case darling?!


You know that they HAD to come home with me lol.


I was also excited to see the model for "Rabbit Hollow Farm Sampler"


So I also had to get that along with one of her thread holders and a kit for her mushroom pincushion.


The next booth was Debbie Hartwick of Heartwells Designs.
Mom and I did an awful lot of agonizing over our purchases here ;)
We wanted one of everything!


Mom bought these pretty button cards - little works of art.


And this beauty! I love it and the colors are more beautiful in person!


And Mom also bought these teeny tiny treasures.
I tried adding the spool for perspective, but maybe this is better:



Their tiny details are amazing!


And this is the little pincushion that I finally decided upon along with some vintage rings for future projects.


Aren't the tiny bees darling?!


And last but certainly not least is Donna Bennett of Crows On The Ledge.
Beautiful wool, wool applique and rug hooking.


Isn't her rug hooked sign darling?! And it goes perfectly with the pretty carpet.
Believe it or not, I realized that I didn't buy any of her wool once I arrived home!
But that was quickly remedied and arrived just today ;)


Donna's beautiful wool using Rebekah's dye recipes.

I'll have one more blog post from this trip which will include a little giveaway.

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement 
give you the same attitude of mind
 toward each other that Christ Jesus had, 
so that with one mind and one voice 
you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
~Romans 15:5-6

Blessings, Patti

16 comments:

C Reeder PhxAz said...

Drool drool - oh to get this on the west coast!! Thank you for sharing.

Marilyn said...

These booths look amazing.
So much to take in!
Thanks for sharing the pics, I enjoy your little trips.
Marilyn

kelley said...

What an incredible collection of talent and beauty...thanks for sharing your adventure...

denise said...

oh how i wish there was something like that around here! Nice haul!

Me and My Stitches said...

Wow - so many temptations! I can see why you would need one of each!

Lady Locust said...

Oh my~ talk about a celebrity line up. Such talent (you included.) It looks like a dream come true:)

cucki said...

Wow wow super cute ..thank you for sharing
My heart is happy
Love and smiles x

Krissy B. said...

Fun! I love your taste. Some day I'll get to an event like this but in the meantime I will travel with you in cyber space. Thanks for sharing.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I love it all ❤️❤️❤️

Pamela said...

Wow! What a great load of stash! Thanks for sharing.
Pam

Kathy L. said...

Oh man I am drooling over your stash! Wow

Prims By The Water said...

Be still my heart for sure. Oh my gosh I loved so many things that I cannot remember what to say. LOL Your rendition of the wool spring mat us just awesome! TFS. Janice

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Hello Patti! I so enjoyed all the Post! Thanks for sharing for fun time!

village folk art said...

What a wonderful opportunity to visit and enjoy this show. I can't help but feel all the inspiration here. Thanks so much for sharing... enjoy the day.
Folk Art Hugs with Peace for ALL,
Barb

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for sharing with us, especially Stacy Nash new things!

Halland House Gifts said...

What a wonderful adventure with such treasures. That Stacy Nash, she's nothing but trouble 😀. I was just thinking I needed a design to go with my ceramic rabbits, and she designs another beautiful piece "just for me". 😉