Sunday, April 23, 2017

Just what the Doctor Ordered




My blog is my happy place. I choose to keep it positive whenever I can.
Sometimes real life intrudes and I share a bit of that too. As many of you know last year was a rough year for our family. Family health issues and Dad's passing took a tremendous toll.


I was hoping and praying for a quiet 2017, but that was not to be.
Mom and I have both been dealing with health issues since the beginning of the year.
Each of us trying to get an accurate diagnosis and trying to handle and lessen so many symptoms.


But I think that this coming week we will both be moving towards healing!
I am taking Mom to her first ever needlework retreat!
We are heading to Yellow Springs, Ohio for
From Our Hands and Hearts ~ Creative!

I am so looking forward to a week with Mom doing what we love and are passionate about.
And being surrounded by other needleworkers who feel the same.
Not to mention spending time with the super talented and inspirational
Lori Ann Corelis, Rebekah L. Smith and all the other wonderful teachers!

Above I have share my finished:
Civil War Sewing Basket
designed by Stacy Nash
with my own little tweaks from last year's retreat.

I wanted to finish this before attending this year's retreat!


Mom and I have been busy prepping this year's homework before leaving.


The two photos above are for a class I am taking with Stacy Nash.


And more homework for a class with Rebecca L. Smith.


I think that this week is just what the doctor ordered ~
Time away to rest and spend following our passion.
And time for Mom and I to hopefully heal.

I'll share our journey on our return.

 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? 
For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. It is written:
“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’”
So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.
~Romans 14:10-12

Blessings, Patti

21 comments:

Marilyn said...

I'm sorry you both aren't feeling well.
This sounds like a great retreat to get away.
Wishing you a great time with your Mom.
We are looking forward to your projects. :)
Marilyn

kelley said...

Hugs and prayers for you and your Mom...hoping the retreat will be exactly what the doctor ordered...it is so special to be able to share with your Mom...

cucki said...

My dear lots of hugs and prayers for you and for your mom..
Wishing you a lovely time with your mom
Smiles and blessings x

Jacqueline said...

Your "homework" is stunning.

denise said...

Hope you and your mom get to feeling better.Enjoy the retreat!!

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Sorry to hear of your and your mom's health struggles and praying for answers and relief for you both. How exciting to be going to a retreat with your mom and know y'all will have an amazing time. Enjoy every moment and give us the details when y'all get home.

Robin in Virginia said...

Have a wonderful and relaxing week at retreat! Your homework looks great.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your Civil War basket is just beautiful.
Sorry you and mom are dealing with health issues. I hope they can be resolved soon.
It will be so special sharing the retreat with your mom. I look forward to reading all about it.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Maureen said...

Thank you for posting that Bible verse. It was something I needed to be reminded of. Blessings to you and your Mom on your healing journey.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Sounds fabulous! Hope your fun time together brings you both good health and many wonderful memories! This old educator is loving your homework!
Robyn

Jean Bee said...

I hope your health issues are resolved soon. I do think the retreat will be fabulous! You are going to gave so much fun there and the best companion for the ride there and back!

Lillian Carol said...

Certainly attending the retreat is just what the doctor ordered....for you as well as your sweet mom! I was hoping to make it this year but health issues have been holding me back. I would have liked to have attended to meet you and your mom in person as I admire the hand work that you both do. Can't wait to see the pictures you share from the retreat!

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you feel better too! Love what you have created! So wonderful! Have fun at the retreat and please be sure to show us pics if you can. Janice

village folk art said...

Peace and Blessings to both of you. You are so fortunate to have a mother with whom to share the same passion. Sounds like an awesome get away. EnJoY and will look forward to seeing the fruits of the retreat.
Folk Art Hugs with Peace and Joy to ALL,
Barb

marly said...

I hope the health issues resolve for you both. Love that Nash piece. Have a wonderful time!

WoolenSails said...

Doing things we love is the best way to get our bodies to heal.
I find that Docs do not seem to diagnose like they used to and when they do they are wrong, lol.
I do what works for me and pray that you and your mom can start feeling better again.

Debbie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Patti,
I'm so sorry to hear you and your mom are dealing with health issues!!! I trust that you both will find some answers and some relief!!! Your trip together seems like THE PERFECT MEDICINE and I know you will both enjoy spending time with one another and doing what you both love!!
Safe travels and God's Blessing on you both!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Unknown said...

Wishing you both good health and healing!
Safe travels.

I'm here in Yellow Springs waiting for the fun to begin!
L

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Have prayed for healing for both you and your mom.

My cousin owns Young's Jersey Dairy on the Springfield/Xenia highway. If you need a good ice cream cone, head over! Enjoy your time away.

Charlotte said...


A retreat sounds like the perfect medicine. Have a great time with your mom. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

Charlotte

moosecraft said...

Enjoy the retreat! Sometimes stress can cause a number of "mystery symptoms"... so, this retreat just might be the best prescription available! :-)