Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Pennies from Heaven ~ Volume 14


Before Dad's diagnosis, Mom and I decided to do another stitchalong.
This time it was Buttermilk Basin's Pumpkins in the Sunflowers.
It's fun to see how we start with the same pattern, but have different visions for it.


I used a dark flannel base with more primitive colors.


Mom chose a neutral toweling with a bit lighter colors.
Although we both chose the same pumpkin windowpane and the same checked brown for the center of our sunflowers! :)

This was the first project that we both finished after Dad passed...
Maybe not our best work, but it definitely was a bit of healing when we put needle and thread to wool again...


I love to look at the similarities and the differences.
We both used a button for the crow's eye.


In just a few days it will be time to pack them away.


I think that we will have to pick out a stitchalong for the new year, Mom!

You crown the year with your bounty,    and your carts overflow with abundance.
~Psalm 65:11

Blessings, Patti

6 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Very sweet!
I hope your family is coping. It is so hard to lose a loved one.
Happy Thanksgiving :)
Lauren

Karen said...

Interesting to see how the difference in a light and dark background makes with the blocks. My favorite is the dark background because I lean towards the prim style.

Marilyn said...

These are both so pretty.
I hope you both continue with your SAL's.
Wishing you and your family a peaceful Thanksgiving.
Marilyn

Unknown said...

Love both!!!!
Very comforting to create during times of stress.
Hope you and your mom find time to create during this holiday season.
Pam

Charlotte said...


Love both of them. Pumpkins and sunflowers are a favorite of mine too. Sewing is so therapeutic during times of stress.

Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

Charlotte

Sandi said...

Love the subtle difference in leaf placements. I think I lean towards your grey background I would have those choices to pick from. If not a lovely Autumn blue sky would be my pick. Enjoy this Thanksgiving as best you and your mom and other family member can without your dad,