Friday, March 25, 2016

Shop Hop~Yellow Creek Quilt Designs


What better way to spend National Quilting Day last Saturday, 
then to hop in the car with friends and go on a shop hop!


You know you've got some great friends when they start pulling out treat bags and snacks for the ride! Well, it was a few hour drive to our first stop in Pearl City, Illinois.


Yellow Creek Quilt Designs!
It has been several years since my last visit, and I'm sorry that it has been so long!
What a lovely shop!


A shop with lots of character.


And a great selection of wool, wool projects, and specialty threads...


Not to mention fabulous fabric, quilt projects and notions.


I love the antique pieces used for display.


These were absolutely over the top!
A Yellow Creek Quilt Design original made with 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch hexies!
Wow! Absolutely stunning in person.


And this wonderful variation! 
Don't you love the barnwood frames? They are made locally for the shop.


There is so much inspiration everywhere in the shop.


And the best news?!
Yellow Creek Quilt Designs has a new book coming out this summer!
Wait until you see the sneak peek that made my heart skip a beat:


Aren't these gorgeous?


Hexies and wool - a fabulous combination!
The book can't come out soon enough :)

So are you wondering what I bought?


Of course I bought the "Stars in the Garden" kit with 1/2 hexies along with the wonderful barnwood frame. A Dots quilt magnet and necklace holder from the hexie and wool design I liked so much and some wonderful Stix fabric packs.

I can't wait to see them again in a few weeks at the International Quilt Expo!

You can find Yellow Creek Quilt Designs here.
Yellow Creek also has a blog here and a great video of their English Paper Piecing technique here.

I'll be back with more stops on our shop hop soon.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."
~Galatians 5:22-23

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful shop and lots of eye candy.

Debbie

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

That looks like a wonderful shop! What a fun outing.

Marilyn said...

That looks like a fun shop.
Thanks for the peek inside.
The Hexies are so pretty.
Marilyn

Jan said...

Well now you've done it!! I have resisted the hexies for awhile now but you have convinced me. I must have them! I too will be at the International Quilt show and this shop is always a stop for me. Always watch their demo. I have always resisted. Thanks Patti. No, really you are such an inspiration. I want to do everything you do. Thanks for your wonderful blog! Makes my day.

Janice

Anna said...

wow...by the photos I wish I could have shop hopped with you!!!