Monday, January 18, 2016

A little Winter Stitching...


At the beginning of a new year, I am always ready to start a new "Winter" stitch.
To move on from Christmas and stitch something "Winter" themed.
I had this one picked out as soon as Lori published it!


"Holly" by Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm.
I was so excited when I saw it on Lori's blog and ordered it right away from her Etsy shop.
And don't you love Frosty's Top Hat thread winder? It makes me smile :) 
A happier way to store my threads while stitching.


I worked my way to get to her face so that Holly can keep me company while I stitch.

I also started some Winter wool work. 


"Snowman Penny Rug" by Quilts by Cheri
(I thought I would see if I enjoy pennies as much as Mom does. Let's just say this is enough pennies for me.)


I also came across this kit.


I made this block a few year's back.


Now I have the next row of blocks ready for stitching...
I'm tweaking mine a bit to be more wintery so that I can display each January when completed.

And right now on Winding Vine, not only are our nights frosty, so are our days!


This was the temp without windchills as I drove to the train this morning. Brrrr!

    "and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
    and to walk humbly with your God"
~Micah 6:8

Don't forget my wool kit giveaway is still going on in my previous post!

Blessings, Patti

14 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful pieces and nice to get a head start on Christmas for next year.
It is freezing here too, the wind makes it worse.

Debbie

annie said...

wonderful projects, I loved them all.
stay safe, stay warm.
be blessed!

cucki said...

Beautiful projects..
I love them all too.
Big hugs ..stay warm x

Marilyn said...

What great Winter projects.
Love the Top Hat.
Marilyn

denise said...

pretty!! i have frosty top hat,too!!

Sherry said...

Brrrrr. It is cold here too. Not single digits but too cold for me to venture out. I love your Winter start. I have a Winter start also but haven't started on it yet! LOL.
The penny rug looks like a fun project and I love your blocks!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love that sweetie from Lori too...and your sweet PS fob and that darling frosty thread keeper! Beauty abounds :)
All those wool pieces are just stunning! :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Whoooops! forgot to mention...LOVE your hoop ;)

Primitive Stars said...

Cozy winter projects there, love the house.Keep warm,Francine.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Love Miss Holly and the thread keeper is darling! You may not
Love doing pennies but they sure do look great. Your winter blocks are wonderful!

Lana Manis said...

You are a busy girl, Patti! Everything looks wonderful! Stay warm!

Von said...

Wonderful projects for cold winter days!! Stay out of the cold as much as you can!!

Fran said...

Love all of your projects. You sure are busy!

Farmhouse prims said...

Your stitchery is gorgeous, Love all of your projects, especially the wool snowmen projects. hugs, Lecia