Monday, November 23, 2015

Prim Paradise Purchases


I found some fun treasures on our trip.
A pair of tiny German paper mache candy containers with metal feet. 
They don't stand very well, so I just give them something to lean on :)


A wonderfully old papercutting mounted on a marbled book cover under bubbly old glass in a wonderful folk art frame purchased from Joe Cardetti of Kracker Barrel Antiques.
Don't mind Peanut who was trying to help me :)


This precious little hooked rug that mirrors the current conditions outside.


Finally a sewing bird of my very own!
I've wanted one for as long as I can remember.

This one is in fabulous shape with all pincushions intact.


When I held it, I knew that this was the one to come home with me :)


And finally this fabulous treasure!
Each and every side features a different 1930's fabric.


What really struck me was the size!
Each diamond measures 1 by 1.5 inches and the entire Moravian star is 3.5 inches tall!
Can you imagine working on something so tiny?!


Mom bought two tomato pincushions (I wonder if a new collection is starting?)
I love the velvet one on the right from Jacque Bradford.

And it's been a while since I shared a pic of the pups.


Poor Leia on the right had surgery and 20+ stitches. 
She's been working on recuperating.


Good thing she has her brother Peanut to take good care of her :)

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise.
    Give thanks to him, bless his name.
For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever,
    and his faithfulness to all generations."
~Psalm 100:4-5

Blessings, Patti 

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful finds, love browsing the antique and consignments, just fun to look and sometimes I get lucky.
The pups look so cute, all snuggled together.
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Debbie

Marilyn said...

What great treasures!
Poor Leia, but it looks like Peanut is taking very good care of her.
The Pups are so darn cute. :)
Marilyn

Simply Quaint said...

What wonderful treasures, I love the paper mache turkeys....and omg those puppies are adorable, loving on each other.....melts my heart.....

Happy Thanksgiving....

Blessings
Rhonda

Roberta said...

Was your sewing bird from Jacque? She always has awesome vintage sewing pieces. I also found a vintage turkey container at the Saturday show--love those! Sweet little dogs. Hope Leia is feeling better today! Roberta

Anonymous said...

Patti, your finds are ever so wonderful, congrats! SO sorry to hear of Leia and her surgery, they are so lucky to have you! Wishing her a speedy recovery and continued support from Peanut! Debbie in IL

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon, oh I love the Turkeys, what great finds. Also the hooked winter scene is so pretty, love it all. What sweet fur babies, give hugs from me.Blessings Francine.

Merry Wind Farm said...

All your new treasure are wonderful, but that sewing bird is spectacular! Poor puppy, hope she is feeling better soon.
Melinda

sandi s said...

I love all your new treasures! I love your doxies! I have 4 of my own. I hope she's feeling better soon. Happy Thanksgiving . Hugs,

Mugwump Woolies said...

Love seeing all your treasures. The Moravian star is just wonderful! Love the old fabrics! Hope your sweet pup is feeling better today.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Robyn

Rugs and Pugs said...

You always find THE BEST treasures. Love that little sewing bird.
Thanks for sharing the pictures of your furbabies. They sure are sweet.
Happy belated Thanksgiving.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Raymond Homestead said...

Great finds! The pups are so precious!