Tuesday, May 26, 2015

From Our Hands & Hearts ~ The End


On our last day, it was time to do a little exploring...
First stop - Pine Cone Gift Shoppe in Uniontown, Ohio.
They specialize in American made and especially Ohio made primitives.
I highly recommend taking the ride.


Two little eggs painted by Rebekah L. Smith came home with me.


As did my first two pieces of Shooner Pottery - the bird with tulips and the spotted hare - a perfect remembrance of my trip!
The octagonal bird plate is by Stephen Earp.


After our little side trip, I decided that I couldn't go home without seeing a bit of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.


It was just beginning to green up.


It was a lovely blue sky day.


You felt like you were out in the middle of nowhere until you had the occasional glimpse of the interstate that runs through the park.


The historic Boston Store built in 1836 was a great place to take a little break.


Then it was time to explore another path that led to this:


The very pretty 60 foot Brandywine Falls.


It's amazing how the moss grows on the rocks even with the constant roaring water.


It's also amazing how trees will grow wherever they can.


Little views of beauty all around.


But all too soon it was time to say goodbye.

I did make one final stop on my journey home when a billboard beckoned me.


Who can refuse a ginormous antique mall?
It was about the size of a Home Depot.
I could only allow myself 45 minutes knowing how many hours of driving I had ahead of me.
Needless to say I was in there an hour and a half and still didn't see it all.

I found a few treasures in my short time.


I never saw so many beautiful button collections.
This board of vegetable ivories couldn't be left behind.


Along with some pretty dark shell buttons and buckles and antique crochet trim.


This interesting treen box with original paint was another find.
I have no idea what it would have been used for.


I think the little indentation in the top is calling for a pincushion made of antique fabric.


And finally some antique shirting and some wonderful reversible wool - pink on one side and cream on the other.

Thank you so much for coming along with me on this lovely, yet long-winded journey.
I'll be back later this week with a little giveaway of trip souvenirs.

“Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."
~John 3:17

Blessings, Patti

8 comments:

Jessica said...

That sounds like such a fun time!!

I really love those falls, and the scenery of the national park, so pretty!

marly said...

You did a lot in a short time and all of it looked like a real treat. Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn said...

Those shops look great.
What pretty scenery you saw.
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Marilyn

donna said...

Oh wow, I came by myself to this, I wish I would have met you, and I would have loved to have gone exploring with you! I have loved all your postings from this wonderful event!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

What a great way to end a Beautiful day!
Those buttons that you found are Beautiful!
Such a wonderful trip ~ Next time take me with you!
TFS
Blessings
Robin

RoseMary Baty-Willcox said...

Patti,
I believe we have walked in many of the same places in Ohio.
Love the little shop.
Miss Ohio.
RoseMary

Earlene said...

Beautiful scenic views!!!!!!
Sounded like a fun trip too!
Hugs
Earlene

Rugs and Pugs said...

This is practically in my back yard and you've seen more than I have. I think I need to take the time to make a road trip.
LOVE your treen box. I have a rather large collection of treen but nothing like that.
Thank you so much for sharing your adventures with us. You went home with some wonderful treasures.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren