Thursday, February 5, 2015

When this you see, Remember me...



When I found this wonderful freebie by Lori Markovic of La~D~Da here, I knew that I had to stitch it right away. 
I chose 28 count Farmhouse Linen by Notforgotten Farm (found here) and GAST threads in Garden Gate and Mulberry. It stitched up quickly. 


Some finishes I am happy with and some I love.
This one I love <3 nbsp="" p="">

I made it into a thread board using cardboard as a center and edged it with brick rick rack. I added mother of pearl thread holders on the bottom.

Would you like to see the back?


On the back I added wool applique motifs to mirror the front. The wools are a pretty good match to the threads. Not that you can see both sides at once lol.


I've been fortunate enough to take two classes with Lori and she is such an incredibly patient and supportive teacher. She really tries to make sure that each of us are successful and enjoying ourselves.
Thank you so much Lori for sharing your talents with us and in generously sharing some beautiful freebies. I have my eye on her "tiny sampler" freebie next...

"For the word of the Lord is right and true;
    he is faithful in all he does.
The Lord loves righteousness and justice;
    the earth is full of his unfailing love."
~Psalm 33:4-5

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

CATHI said...

What a wonderful finish!

Cathi

Marilyn said...

That looks great, love the back too.
Marilyn

Linda said...

It is beautiful Patti!!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Love it and Lori is very talented.

annie said...

Loved what you did with it, it came out fabulous, front & back! I love the colors!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Very nice job . . . like everything else you make. Thank you for sharing.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Such a sweet finish!