Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ever Thankful


"Be Thankful"
design by Maggie Bonanomi


The original design said "Be Thankful"
I chose to change it to "Ever Thankful"

Ever (adv.) at all times, always, continuously, without ceasing

Yes, I try to be Ever Thankful.


I tried adding tongues on the ends, but decided that I preferred Maggie's version - beautiful in it's simplicity.



I added this tag to the back. This is the last project that I worked on while Orion would sit on my lap, happy to have my wool project keep him warm as I worked :) I finished it after his passing.

I am Ever Thankful to have had Orion as part of our family.


"but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
~Isaiah 40:31

Blessings, Patti

9 comments:

annie said...

that's just wonderful, I love her work, but this, I think, is even better! hugs, in remembrance of a dear companion, blessings

Marilyn said...

It's a beautiful piece, and a great memory of Orion.
Take care.
Marilyn

linda said...

A wonderful way to honor your cherished Orion.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Lovely post!
Robyn

Kim said...

This is such a special piece~ thanks for sharing.
Kim

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful piece and a beautiful sentiment in memory of Orion. When I lost my kitty, I made a heart quilt, it was a way to remember him and get me through the loss.

Debbie

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

A gorgeous woolen finish and a wonderful tribute to Orion...stunningly beautiful!

Faye said...

I'm catching up on blogpost readings my friend and am saddened to read about your sweet pup.... May he rest in heaven.... Your stitchery is a handsome piece that will bring on the fond memories.... LOVE the long arm staple idea.... I'll need to scour one up..... And the tiny traveling magnetic tin is genius! You never seem to amaze me.... Keep up the inspirational posts.... Merry Christmas~~

Raymond Homestead said...

Very nice piece and I love the tag that you made for it. It will always bring to mind special memories of sweet Orion.