Monday, September 16, 2013

Autumn Arrives!!!

 
The highly anticipated and eagerly awaited
"Autumn at Notforgotten Farm" has arrived!
Be still my heart!
 
I've been sneaking almost continous peeks at it all weekend long :)
It was well worth the wait! I just can't wait to stitch "Turkey Trot" ~ it has been calling to me since I opened the book the first time. "Gathering Basket" is making me think I might just have to take up hooking for this project alone! And the sweet "Calico Shoe Thimble Keep" has got me wondering how I might just squeeze it into my day - it can't take too long to make, right ;)
Oh Lori, please tell me that you will be doing books for all four seasons ~ that would make me oh so happy!
 
In the autumn theme, I just had to mention...
I've grown pumpkins and gourds several times and the flowers always looked like this: 

 
My sister-in-law, Joy had given me apple gourd plants this year.
And I was so surprised when the flowers opened and looked like this:


So sweet and delicate! I am loving the flowers, but didn't get any gourds :(
I am still hopeful that maybe one is hiding in the garden that will be found when I clean things out...
But even if there aren't, I've really enjoyed these sweet flowers.
 
"And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God."
~Micah 6:8

Blessings, Patti

3 comments:

cucki said...

Aww this book sound so sweet ...
Pretty sweet flowers❤
enjoy your day dear
Big hugs x

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Thanks so much Patti ~ I'm happy you're enjoying it!
Blessed be ~
L

Mary A said...

I received my copy yesterday and I feel the same way. More please, Lori! Mary A