Saturday, July 30, 2011

On tour...


We have just completed a whirlwind college tour of Indiana and Ohio for our oldest son.

In three days we managed to visit: Butler, Dayton, Xavier, Miami and Case Western Reserve. Wow! That was a lot of driving!


Since the four of us went, we tried to make it fun for the whole family. My boys love the food network, so we decided to try to visit a few spots that were featured. The first stop was 3 Sisters Cafe in Indianapolis - fabulous fresh food! (Of course I forgot to take any pictures.)


In Cincinnati, we stopped at Terry's Turf Club - definitely of the beaten path, but worth the drive for delicious and unusual burger combinations.

And the atmosphere was so fun!


In Cleveland, we stayed at the Glidden House - a 1910 mansion converted into a boutique hotel set right on the campus of Case Western Reserve University. What a gem it is! I hope to stay there again one day... My husband and youngest son also stopped at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame while my older son and I attended sessions at the University.


It was a fun trip. Now I must really get focused and finish my offerings for TDIPT Mercantile! I'll be back soon to share my update!


Blessings, Patti

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Our youngest just graduated from Grove City College in western Pennsylvania. A great classic education at a very reasonable price. Competitive and Christian, has high and low points, but might be worth investigating. Wishing you all the best in this important decision!
Love your items, especially the patriotic ones. We are an Air Force Family, so I do lots of red, white and blue!