Friday, January 14, 2011

Is it wrong to love a snowman? :)


Each year when I take down the Christmas decorations, I suffer from twinkle light withdrawals.
I love how clean the house looks, but can't quite put all the wintery decorations away...


So I leave out the non-Christmas snow globes with a few white lights and greenery...

and I leave out my vintage bottle brush trees for a little winterscape vignette.

And I leave out a few snowmen in wintery scenes.

This year I bought a snowman from Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm.
When I saw him I was quite smitten and knew that I had to buy him for my own.
But when he arrived via the mailman and I had my first peek in person,
IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!

Pictures just don't do him justice. From his hogscraper base to his wool top hat he is perfectly prim and aged in just the right spots. I find myself moving him from room to room, telling myself that I am looking for the perfect spot for him. (Actually I think that I just like to have him near by...) So I must ask you... Is it wrong to love a snowman? I certainly hope not! Soon the first hints of spring might arrive and he just might melt away! So I will enjoy his company in the meantime...

Blessings, Patti

6 comments:

Amy said...

I LUV your little snowman too!I never never seemn one so primitive.He looks well loved.

Patti said...

Hi Patti ~
to answer your question..no,.,.certainly not....it is not wrong to love a snowman.
In fact, I've been in love with one for a long time...he came into my imagination years ago, and never left. Each year I create him, or one like him at least. Your snowman is just that one, and I am so happy that he has found such a beautiful person to live with...
thanks for honoring my work, and him, with such a loverly post!
Blessings from the Farm,
Lori

Jean said...

Cute snowman - I like the "snowball" beside him too. I always think that Snowmen are "winter" decorations that are nice to have when christmas is put away.

Sherry said...

I love your snowman! I would probably keep him out all year.

Sue said...

I see nothing wrong with a little "crush"!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.