Friday, September 24, 2010

~Lesson Learned~


September is passing so quickly and I am so busy with work and home, but still I am trying to squeeze in time creating for the October 1st update at TDIPT Mercantile.
As many of you know, I do a lot of my stitching on my commute back and forth to my office in the Wrigley Building on Michigan Avenue and the Chicago River in downtown Chicago. I've learned lessons along the way about working with needles and seed beads on moving trains, buses, and boats...

Today I learned a new lesson...
Do NOT work with white velvet while wearing a black business suit on your way to an important meeting.
Velvet sheds. A lot.
I now have a very strong lint roller tucked in my desk. But it never quite picks it all up. I wonder if the people on the water taxi thought I had a very fuzzy white dog? I think that the velvet will be staying home from now on... better to work with in jeans or even pajamas :)
I am a little closer to completing some velvet pumpkins for TDIPT...
I think I'll work on some cross stitch tomorrow instead.
Blessings, Patti
p.s. Happy Autumn! Enjoy the Harvest Moon!

7 comments:

bayrayschild said...

Hi Patti!
Your velvet pumpkin and Autumn leaves are PERFECT!

You always do such lovely work!
Audrey

Rabbit Hill ~ Handmades by Jenn Tavoletti said...

I always love your stories! I think about the seed bead story every time I use those darn little things! Are they getting smaller? Or maybe my eyes are getting older lol! Your velvet pumpkin is wonderful...its more fun working in jammies anyway isn't it???
Sending hugs ~ Jenn

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Yeah! It's time for white velvet pumpkins again. They are sooooo sweet. I totally agree with Audrey.
Can't wait.
~Nan

Anonymous said...

love your velvet punkin!! I've got lint rollers stashed in a few places too!

Sue said...

I think white velvet pumpkins would be worth a little lint! Beautiful!

pj said...

Hi Patti, I love that velvet pumpkin in white....ohhhhh I need one! Will be seeing you soon! I got my materials in the mail from Jeanne (saw our names on the list for 2nd story). YIPPPPEEEEE! pam

Raymond Homestead said...

Too funny about the white velvet! I totally love those leaves, those are so cool!