Sunday, December 6, 2009

Room at the Inn

This is an event that I have wanted to attend for several years. Finally, my youngest son and I attended today. Room at the Inn is a viewing of one person's private collection of 352 nativity scenes from around the world.

Susan Greeley bought her first nativity scene in 1980 and hasn't stopped. They are from countries around the world and are made of every medium that you can imagine (and even some that you would never guess!) including recycled newspapers, soda cans, one entirely made of nuts & seeds and the one above made of banana leaves.
Every child receives a scavenger hunt of things to look for in the nativity scenes ~ The adults have as much fun hunting as the children :)


One of my favorites was this beautiful little book from Nepal. I loved the angel on the cover. and on the inside...

It was truly breathtaking!
What a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon during Advent! And to share her collection with as many people as possible admission is free. "It is gratitude for God's gift to us in Jesus Christ that prompts this event." says Susan Greeley in her exhibit brochure.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
-James 1:17
Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

How beautiful Patti, I love that book too :)And I seen in one of the pictures those Willow Tree figures...my sister in law has those and I covet them.
:)

Diva Kreszl said...

What a wonderful display...and a great way to spend some time, remembering the true reason for the season!

Sue said...

What an interesting exhibit. I'm so glad you got a chance to go.

Sue

Doreen Frost said...

How very beautiful! I have a great love for Nativity Scenes...I have a very special one..my dad made the stable and the set itself is made entirely of beeswax ..I love it. I have my eye on another one carved from wood but it's so expensive I just can not afford it!!!

Thank you ever so much for stopping by and signing up for my giveaway.

Wishing you a wonderful day,
Doreen

Suzanne said...

Thank you for sharing your tour. How beautiful to visit during this special season.